Custom Stainless Steel - Saffron Frameworks/Super Record

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bencolem

by bencolem

Excuse my ignorance, but why not just build with a shorter head tube?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dogg

by dogg

slamt stem = "pro" as hell

thats a cool bike though, i like it.

KWalker

by KWalker

Or use a normal stem with classic bars and actually have drops?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

campbellrae

by campbellrae

There is only one 2.5mm spacer below the stem at the moment, it may or may not get removed.

I prefer the look of a -17 stem, so that's why the head tube is a little longer. I'm 6'5, so it was never going to be short!

Bar shape, I don't know why, but I prefer to have pretty low tops, and like the shape of a slightly more compact bar :noidea:

bontie

by bontie

I love the frame, the paint etc. But I found the setup strange, hence my question. A negative stem, then your bars are turned skywards. Are those the contact points per your fitting?
At a minimum I’d have thought the bars should at least be turned a few deg down.

campbellrae

by campbellrae

Ah, I get it now! The bars are pretty much flat, it may just be the angle of the photo. I will be changing a few little things once I have done the shakedown ride, so they may still change slightly. They certainly shouldn't be pointed skywards, but it's my first time with Campagnolo shifters, so I want to experiment a bit and see how I find them most comfortable.

bontie

by bontie

That took a lot of diplomacy, but glad I got the message across . The way I saw the photo, there was no way you’d ever be able to ride in the drops. Campag shifters are easy to set up, it has a fair bit of “flat” that should be level.
Did you get a fit/design by cycle-fit?

campbellrae

by campbellrae

I just checked, and they are rotated up around 1-2 degrees, but that was just me putting it together a bit too quickly. I'll have plenty of time to tinker with it over the winter, as after one or two shakedown rides it won't see any use till April, after Bespoked, where Matthew wants to show it. The saddle to bar drop is actually a little bit less than my race bike as this bike is for long days out, so I will have no problems reaching the drops!

The fit was done by cycle-fit, but Matthew designs the frame. The numbers from the fit and design come out very close to the set up on my race bike, but with slightly less drop(12cm on this compared to 13cm on my race bike), but the reach is about the same.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Congratulations on a fantastic looking bike. Hopefully you'll get some decent weather soon to see if the ride is as good as its looks!

A white saddle and a silver seatpost clamp should really finish the look imho
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

campbellrae

by campbellrae

Finally getting round to uploading the good photos from Matthew:

Some more photos and details can be found on Matthew's website:
http://www.saffronframeworks.com/build/ ... d-machine/

Still waiting for the new saddle, and I have a Carbon-Ti X Clamp in silver to fit, just haven't gotten round to it yet.

Cheers,

Campbell

titchegg

by titchegg

Such a good looking bike!! Well done!