My steel De Rosa Neo Primato (7.9 kg) + NEW upgrades & pics!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

krutipedali

by krutipedali

There was a white bar tape and white saddle and white tyres and also all black components, but I think it was lacking this old school look and was more like modern fixed colourful bikes. I wanted something differenct, therefore, changed all these components to brown, and also added silver stem, seatpost and brakes - which i like much more.

I am not saying whether it's right or wrong, it's just something I wanted from the very beginning. And I may change my mind in the future (still keeping Selle Italia white saddle) :)

I think adding carbon wheels without labels will complete the looks (don't like the stickers on the wheels and silver braking surface).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tmr5555

by tmr5555

Looking at the style of the bike as it is at the moment (nice/retro) high profile carbon would look outta place, it would take the build in a different direction. Now if you ever buy a weapony saddle (example: fizik arione), white bar tape etc... That would be a different animal.

krutipedali

by krutipedali

tmr5555 wrote: Now if you ever buy a weapony saddle (example: fizik arione), white bar tape etc... That would be a different animal.

Completely agree with this bit.

Regarding the carbon wheels - I am also thinking about low profile carbon, which will reduce the weight below 8 kg and at the same time make the bike look cleaner as they will be fully black without stickers and silver braking surface.

Timo

by Timo

I'd say instead of carbon high profile wheels your bike would look awsome with classic low profile black or silver rims with polished hubs and spokes like the set in my retro Merlin...

And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

krutipedali

by krutipedali

Timo, thanks buddy, but that would be too classic and probably heavy. I want to take the best of too worlds as I cannot afford having two bikes - one classic/retro and one carbon. Really like the looks of this bike:

Timo

by Timo

The above pictured bike benefits from its black tape and saddle which work with black carbon rims.
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

krutipedali

by krutipedali

What you are proposing guys is either all black or all silver components - which I think is a bit boring. See the next picture:

Versuvius

by Versuvius

Nice

em3

by em3

... I like the blue paint and the DIY decal. Appears like a nice build but ur chain is at least 3 links too short. EM3

kgt

by kgt

krutipedali wrote:What you are proposing guys is either all black or all silver components - which I think is a bit boring. See the next picture:

That' not boring. That's how it should be...

krutipedali

by krutipedali

kgt wrote:That' not boring. That's how it should be...

In your eyes...
Not an option for me.

NilesCrane

by NilesCrane

Stunning bike, well done!

Doesbrand

by Doesbrand

The Campagnolo Athena 11 is still in genuine Alu-look for sale; in my opinion that would have fit even better. And why changing the Zonda wheels? These are excellent wheels, reliable, and ca 1.500 grams per set.
Ever conciderd a classic Brooks B17 saddle in color brown?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ritchiel1707

by Ritchiel1707

Nice De Rosa. This is mine. I have changed the bars, seat and seat post since this picture was taken. Not sure of the weight but not too concerned to be honest. Lovely bikes!!! Good luck with yours. Richie