Ordered an Trek Emonda SL-8 last week

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Good call on the Dura Ace, but would have suggested Ultegra rear cassette 'downgrade'.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wicked2010

by wicked2010

fromtrektocolnago wrote:Good call on the Dura Ace, but would have suggested Ultegra rear cassette 'downgrade'.

As soon as this one cracks or breaks I'll replace it. So far it's holding up pretty good for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wicked2010

by wicked2010

Here's my Trek Emonda SL-8 with DA 9000 mechanical. Took her on a couple of long distance rides. One ride was 65 miles with over 5000 ft. of climbing. The other ride was near 55 miles on flats/rolling hills and it was amazing. Even with windy conditions. This Emonda was very impressive to say the least. It climbs like a mountain goat. It was very stiff and comfortable. I know now I made a great decision buying it. No regrets.

To me biking is about rhythm and flow. It's the wind in your face and the challenge of hammering up along hill. It's the reward at the top and the thrill of a high-speed descent. Biking lets you come alive in both body and spirit. After awhile the bike disappears beneath you and you feel as if you're suspended in midair. The Emonda is a great descender and handles corners precise. And I totally felt I was in midair. It's time to go ride again. You guys have a safe Easter weekend.