S-WORKS Tarmac Stealth Etap - 6.260gr (Updated)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ricey155

by ricey155

Lovely build - noises on bikes are annoying I've had mine since 500 in 3000 miles more no sign of a cure pain [THUMBS DOWN SIGN] even with a full strip down 3-4 times

Sent from my 16gb Mi Pad (it works)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

paradawt

by paradawt

Goooddd job here!

Congrats!
Berria Belador 7

gmakris

by gmakris

Thank you all!
I must say this is by far the most comfortable bike I ever ridden (including Giant,Trek, Cervelo)
The new Tarmac is stiff, comfortable and also seems more quite.....! In the past I've read and informed the SL4 is not very comfortable and some riders (even pro's) complained for that I did not notice anything like it in the new model.

I am also very pleased with the matte paint since its very durable and cleaning is very easy. The build quality is awesome and the ceramic speed bearings in the BB rolling my shimano DA cranks without any force. It was an expensive frame but its worth every euro I paid.... :-)

Hastur

by Hastur

Beautiful! May I ask your height, and the BB->Saddle distance? I'm waiting for my S-works Tarmac OPQS frameset atm..... :-)

gmakris

by gmakris

I am 1,78cm tall and the distance BB saddle is approx 92cm. I changed the stem to a smaller 10cm which works better for me

Hastur

by Hastur

Thanks for the answer! I'm 180cm and am currently on a 54cm Allez, so I believe a 54cm Tarmac will suit me. :-)

Just to doublecheck, the distance I was asking for was the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the saddle. 92cm seems really long for someone who is 178cm. I have around 76cm.....

gmakris

by gmakris

Yes you are right...my the distance is 77cm. The most important factor for this measurement is the inseam and I have 84cm. The total height is less important.... :-)

jvanv8

by jvanv8

Great build! I think you can get that Edge 1000 further away from the stem such that you can make it more aero with a K-Edge XL. Hard to tell though. My default Garmin mount wasn't as cramped by the stem as yours appears to be. At $35 or so, might be worth a shot.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

gmakris

by gmakris

Yes in the beginning it was a little awkward to have the edge in this position.After a while I liked it since it's closer and the small tilt provides less sun reflections...The aero penalty is minor since I know by changing my body position the results in aero are massive compared the position to the edge or how the cables are crossed etc...

The most nice feature is the remote control I placed in the drops and I never had to touch the screen and buttons again! very convivient for hard efforts and no more fingerprints in the screen! :-)

ttigg

by ttigg

Very stealth indeed

coneill0422

by coneill0422

Nice and stealth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmakris

by gmakris

Thank you all!
Season Greetings with some updates :)
Last edited by gmakris on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gus300

by gus300

question, what is the weight of the frame alone?

mrbruhn

by mrbruhn

Beautiful built, I'm curious if you get any noise from the adapters för 24mm, I'm on a new venge and from time to time getting some noise from the crank. Looking into the praxis solution but haven't decided if I want to pay for that so I will try to get the LSB put it in under warranty.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JasperGr

by JasperGr

May I ask which brand those trainingwheels are? Nice bike but why is the handlebar/shifter so turned over?