derailleur hanger broken/not happy with cervelo!!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bigpab

by bigpab

Hi guys,
I am looking for someone who's ever come across a fd hanger on a CERVELO SOLOIST CARBON TEAM that bent beyond repair(never damaged and very well maintain and looked after)
and that has replaced the piece with success
reason i ask
its happened to me
the cervelo dealer its not dealing with them no more where i live,
so i had to go to where cervelo sent me...
they don't care too much as i didn't buy the bike through them
the rep said right away and without coming to see the bike that i had damaged this piece myself
I actually tried to get 2 other dealers to find the piece when it first bent...and couldn't find it,
last time my mechanic...said to him that was a warranty since its part of the frame...
so when i said this to the dealer and him and the rep changed a photo the rep said i had damaged it...myself...in the same sentenced he asked for a better photo!!!! :noidea:
So
if anyone has ever replaced this piece share please
I believe is glued and rivet
Im beyond trust of cervelo,the way i see it,they could've get a piece ages ago.
so i bought a caad10 frame :up:
Not a very happy cervelo customer,and wouldn't recommend them...i thought they'd be better at dealing with what my mechanic and a very respected one he is around here..its a faulty piece,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Geoff

by Geoff

Come, on. Be reasonable. It is pretty easy to see why the retailers and manufacturer might be reluctant to take responsibility. A manufacturer defect front derailleur hanger? Could it happen, sure it could, it is just not that likely. It is more likely that it was a shipping and handling issue. So, the obvious question is: where did you get it?

It would appear that the original vendor would be the first stop. If the frame was bought second-hand or gray market, it is easy to see why others are reluctant to step-in. Can you share that history?

The request for a pic is also very reasonable. If the hanger has no slot machined-in it to accept a derailleur, or something (which I have actually seen, believe it or not), then that is obviously a manufacture issue. If the hanger is bent, but obviously the result of impact, then that is not a manufacturer issue. If the hanger has obviously had a derailleur mounter before (i.e., not new), then that is probably not a manufacturer issue. Can you post a pic?

em3

by em3

....if the tab is bent then it is likely due to issue with install or use. If it sheared off the frame then more likely a simple broken rivet, linked to both manufacturer issue and wear and tear. Simply call Cervelo in Toronto directly....Cervelo supplies rivet replacement kits to their dealers ( or at least they used to) which any competent mechanic can install. Also, post pics here so that we can see specifically what u r identifying as a broken/bent frt mech tab. EM3

bigpab

by bigpab

Geoff wrote:Come, on. Be reasonable. It is pretty easy to see why the retailers and manufacturer might be reluctant to take responsibility. A manufacturer defect front derailleur hanger? Could it happen, sure it could, it is just not that likely. It is more likely that it was a shipping and handling issue. So, the obvious question is: where did you get it?

It would appear that the original vendor would be the first stop. If the frame was bought second-hand or gray market, it is easy to see why others are reluctant to step-in. Can you share that history?

The request for a pic is also very reasonable. If the hanger has no slot machined-in it to accept a derailleur, or something (which I have actually seen, believe it or not), then that is obviously a manufacture issue. If the hanger is bent, but obviously the result of impact, then that is not a manufacturer issue. If the hanger has obviously had a derailleur mounter before (i.e., not new), then that is probably not a manufacturer issue. Can you post a pic?

I bought it new.
cervelo changed distributor since
and the shop i bought it from does not deal with them no more
i sent photos to dealers here and spain cause i went there for holiday trying to find a replacement piece when it first bent.,...
i have never damaged
its never been mistreated or ever has had an impact
the mechanic i go to...offered to put in o paper if i needed...in case i wanted to take it further..

to be honest...
i couldn't care...cervelo hasn't treated me the way i would've
and i simply have moved on lets just say...i have wear and tear too cervelo wore me down.

just wanted to share the experience
Bon dia mate