derailleur hanger broken/not happy with cervelo!!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bigpab

by bigpab

Hi guys,
I am looking for someone who's ever come across a fd hanger on a CERVELO SOLOIST CARBON TEAM that bent beyond repair(never damaged and very well maintain and looked after)
and that has replaced the piece with success
reason i ask
its happened to me
the cervelo dealer its not dealing with them no more where i live,
so i had to go to where cervelo sent me...
they don't care too much as i didn't buy the bike through them
the rep said right away and without coming to see the bike that i had damaged this piece myself
I actually tried to get 2 other dealers to find the piece when it first bent...and couldn't find it,
last time my mechanic...said to him that was a warranty since its part of the frame...
so when i said this to the dealer and him and the rep changed a photo the rep said i had damaged it...myself...in the same sentenced he asked for a better photo!!!! :noidea:
So
if anyone has ever replaced this piece share please
I believe is glued and rivet
Im beyond trust of cervelo,the way i see it,they could've get a piece ages ago.

Not a very happy cervelo customer,and wouldn't recommend them...i thought they'd be better at dealing with what my mechanic (very respected one he is around here) and myself agree ..is a faulty piece... :evil:

On a positive note since weeks passed and no piece no news form Cervelo
I went and got myself a caad10 frame
ill post it to the caad10 sub forum soon... :lol:

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Name and shame them on roadbikereview/facebook. If you manage to convince the community that they're in the wrong it's amazing what manufacturors do to shut you up :wink:
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

This warranty is expressly limited to either the repair or replacement of the defective frame – the decision to repair and replace to be at the sole discretion of Cervélo – and no other remedies are available under the warranty.

Cervélo does not warrant against damage caused by normal wear and tear, improper assembly, improper maintenance, or installation of parts or accessories not originally intended for use with or compatible with the frame or bicycle sold.

Emphasis mine. Seeing as the frame is an older model, issues with braze on FD mounts are pretty uncommon and it is very difficult to prove the last section either way, I would say you are SOOL.

In my experience, warranty issues that are not obvious, cut and dry manufacturing defects - usually picked up before the bike has even hit the shop floor - the manufacturer usually comes out on top. Keep in mind that the decision is entirely up to the Cervelo rep and their warranty department, the dealer/LBS is just a channel to those guys - calling out the shop may hurt you as your LBS's willingness to bat on your behalf really helps in cases like these.

If the 'braze on' mount is glued/riveted into the carbon and you can't fix it by bending it back into place, take it to a carbon repair shop to see if they can replace it - Cervelo chipping into the repair bill is more likely to happen than you getting a new frame.

bigpab

by bigpab

no need to quote above

Yes,
agreed
the dealer is a channel.have no problem with them other than the obvious thing they don't really care either way...as they don't really know me I'm not their client...
The thing is a couldn't care for cervelo,
I'm hoping it gets repaired,
but i have decided against riding their product no more...as this is how they treat a buyer.
In any case i have a caad10 frame on the way.
But believe me...the rep,is a joke...He said in a email which got forward to me...i had damaged the hanger and then asked for a better picture...if you think you can not see clearly but be sure of how a piece was damaged???? :? :?
Anyway...
just wanted to let others know of my experience ...i know cannon dale and trek warrant a frame in this same instances.
Cervelo must be flat out with all the faulty frames bbs and more that feel my problem is not that big...
have a nice week...

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

That said, it is possible to acquire the braze mount separately. Then it is up to your mechanic to remove the old one (not always easy) and install the new one (not always straightforward).
I have personally replaced three, I believe at least one under warranty, on bikes that we had previously sold. I can see how it would be difficult to convince a shop to get serious with Cervelo about it if you didn't get it from them and don't plan on doing business with them after. I certainly would not be expecting to get it sorted for free. Alternatively, a frame repair shop can possibly fabricate a solution.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bigpab

by bigpab

no need to quote above

Ok
Thanks for your input.
Well on the shop getting serious...the way i see it cervelo changed distributor.so i got left out...so that shows me they don't follow up their own product,shouldn't come down to a shop to get serious on my behalf...rather than them trying to help a cervelo customer...
ill let you know when and if it happens

Cheers mate