2015 Wilier Zero.7 - Delivered!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

F45

by F45

How do you like the new K Force crank? Did you get a chance to weigh it?

NelsonDownUnder

by NelsonDownUnder

F45 wrote:How do you like the new K Force crank? Did you get a chance to weigh it?

F45: I didn't personally weigh the crank, but via FSA it weights 560 grams. It performs as it should, no noticeable flex, etc. Bearings are still breaking in. I'd have to ride the same bike with a different crank to give a good informed assessment, but so far so good. Here's a review I just found: http://www.bikeradar.com/au/road/gear/c ... -14-48629/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jumma

by jumma

That is an awesome looking bike.

I am looking at the Z7 2015 along with the Tarmac S-works 2015 myself both in the black colour. I am still not quite decided but am leaning towards the Zero becuase of what I have heard, weights, stiffness and smoothness, vibration dampening abilities of the frame. I would need an XL in the Zero or a 56 in the SW.

I am really curious to hear any feedback on the Zero, in particular against the Tarmac SW.

Is that 880 grams including the BB, cage bolts, RD and FD hangers, seat post clamp? I think equivalent SW weight is around 1100 grams for frame including BB, bearings, hangers, bolts, seat clamp), So if this is the case the Zero is much lighter.

So how does the Zero ride? Have you ridden the SW? I understand the SW is really stiff and possibly not as silky as the zero from what I have read!? Is the Zero very stiff?

I love the tech in the frame, the 386EVo sounds super stiff like the BH ultralight, which is good as I love big sprints and do some club racing. I also love to climb, so light weight is a must.

Is there anything you don't like about the frame, any issues, problems you have had. How is it on rough roads?

I am looking at stealth look so will probably go with minimal logos on wheels and max 40mm profile.

Anyhow, thanks in advance for any feedback. I will try and ask some info from those doing SW builds on the forum for their feedback and comparisons to the SW.

Kudos to you, it is a sweet looking ride - love it!

Jumma

edlumb

by edlumb

Jumma,
Can you test ride both of them?
I was in your situation earlier. First I test rode SW, then I had to travel to another city for 200 miles to ride Zero 7, then I rode SW again to make sure I don't forget how it feels. At the end I decided to get Zero 7. It has all the characteristics you mentioned earlier about Zero 7, and whatever people mentioned in another thread for SW. I choose Zero 7 simply because it feels really smooth and it looks better than SW. IMO, smooth is fast. Couple weeks later, my buddy decided to get another bike. Having seen my bike, I thought he will go for Zero 7, but he decided to get SW instead. He feels Zero 7 too smooth for him.
At the end, both bikes are great! People have different preferences and all the reviews are subjective.
The best thing is to try both of them.

jumma

by jumma

Eskimo
Yes I plan on doing that. Just have to find some time. There are no dealers close to me. I have to travel at least an hour to try either bike. I will be doing that definitely before I lay down this kind of money.
I'll post my experience once I do.
Thanks for your feedback. I have heard the zero is very smooth.
Jumma