Supersix needs to trim down

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

I have the same bike in a 56cm. Had a bunch of parts on a cheap Chinese frame and swapped a few parts over to this bike. Not done yet so don't have a final weight. Here is a list of what got changed out.

Wheels - 60mm Carbon Tubulars, also have a set of 25mm carbon tubulars
Tires - Continental Sprinter 250g
Crank - Spider removed and replaced with Power2Max and Praxis Chainrings
Shifters - Added SW-R600 Climbing Switch
Junction A - Replaced with 5-port SM-EW90-B
Stem - Ritchey Logic WCS 4-Axis 44 110mm stem
Handlebars - Zipp SLC2
Saddle - ProLogo Zero-II PAS Nack
Expander - Tune Gum Gum

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NilesCrane

by NilesCrane

Love that colorway! :beerchug:

RimClencher

by RimClencher

I put those Planet X CNC brakes on my bike a couple of months ago, replacing Shimano 105 BR-5600 (with ST-5600). Think I got them for £70. I only use mine on aluminium rims though.

Brake pads that came with mine were useless. Rear brake is strong enough to lock up the wheel without issue on Shimano pads. Front brake (with Swiss Stop Salmon pads) feels noticeably spongier/softer than BR-5600, but after a few winding descents on steep hills (10%) I feel they do a good enough job. Happy overall for the price. Some people mention removing a wheel is difficult as there is no "quick release" mechanism like on Shimano brakes, but it's really not an issue.

If price and availability were less of an issue I would get an EE brake on the front for the braking power, but keep Planet X CNC on the rear (alumunium rims).

dane476

by dane476

Right been updated since will add info soon, da 9070 has been added and calipers switched to zero gravitys