Trek Emonda SLR

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Very nice!!!!

EvenKeel

by EvenKeel

Have a similar build in the works via Project One. Was so excited to see your pics

Am going Ultegra 6870 di2 but with Duraace cranks and direct mount brakes. Same frame size and same Dnister a Matte Black/Viper red scheme.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

russianbear

by russianbear

wkwt wrote:Interestingly, I saw a picture at a dealer of the redesigned Bontrager XXX stem, no release date. It has a flat, rectangular profile, very similar to the look of the new integrated bar/stem from Bontrager (including red stripe). It is a few grams heavier than the current one, but looks awesome... But, I think my stem looks bad b/c its a 90mm [emoji13] .

Are you thinking of the bar/stem combo?

Nice bike OP!

wkwt

by wkwt

Thank you, sir. No, it is a separate stem with new design.

russianbear

by russianbear

Didn't read your quoted post close enough, sorry. I'll have to keep an eye out because I like that look too.

Chader09

by Chader09

My SLR 8 should be here this week. I have a question on the build.

I may not have access to the fancy tool that you are supposed to use for evaluating the cable angle.

What is the correct position for the converter on the front derailleur (Should it be "On" or "Off")?

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

My SLR is due in a couple of days. Going with Campy, and will build over the next few months. The builds on this thread are so inspiring! Thanks for posting!

ttigg

by ttigg

very nicely built!
Wife has the Project 1 WSD with Aeolus and DA Di2, such an awesome, and light, bike

MattBeOne

by MattBeOne

Realy nice bike!

I'm looking at getting a SLR as well with Ultegra (mechanical).
How do you like the Bontrager direct mount brakes? I can choose between Ultegra DM or the bontrager DM model.

How do they compare to regular Dura ace or Ultegra brakes?

wkwt

by wkwt

They are fantastic. Certainly more power than regular DA brakes and just as smooth and powerful as the DA direct mount brakes.

djconnel

by djconnel

I scanned the thread but didn't notice if you have the vapor coat option. That would explain the mass difference.

nagge

by nagge

Good looing build :)
SuperSix EVO III Ultegra 8070

alexhem

by alexhem

Chader09 wrote:My SLR 8 should be here this week. I have a question on the build.

I may not have access to the fancy tool that you are supposed to use for evaluating the cable angle.

What is the correct position for the converter on the front derailleur (Should it be "On" or "Off")?

The tool comes with the front derailleur but if you won't have access to it I would think your lbs would have one. You could also check out the Shimano Dealer's manual for the derailleur for more info on the converter position: http://si.shimano.com/php/download.php?file=pdf/dm/DM-FD0002-04-ENG.pdf

Alex