Crux 2015

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

frohrider

by frohrider

Wanted to build a 2nd CX Bike for this season so that I have a backup bike. Was a litte late with planning and asking around but managed to get one of the last tall frames available from Specialized. I got the 61cm frameset in this lovely colorsheme and built it up with my leftover parts. Came out at ~8480gr. My CaadX is less than 8kg so I aim for a similar weight. Will change to CX1 and another cockpit once dialed in and when I have some savings left again ;).

Any inputs on future crank options are welcome. Opinions on CX1 vs. Exogram with NarrowWide Chainring? The later should be lighter and available in 177.5 but might not be as problem free as an factory set.

FSA Gossamer, Shimano 105

early 90ies Bartape

Ritchey WCS and Schmolke OS Cockpit
Supersix HiMod, Supersix EVO HiMod, Crux, CaadX, Lynskey R330 & Pro29, Yelli Screamy 29

Peter_E

by Peter_E

I have used narrow/wide with type2 last year. No problems what so ever. Now using the same ring with cx1. Just one ride so far but i have to say it seems really solid.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

frohrider

by frohrider

Thanks for the input regarding the NarrowWide chainring - I would favour a 177.5 crank, so I will be looking for a deal on an Exogram set.
In the meantime I did use it as it is intended to.. some muddy trails and hills. It is very stable on the roots and the fork is incredible compared to the one on the CaadX. Almost no flex with my 160mm disc.

Supersix HiMod, Supersix EVO HiMod, Crux, CaadX, Lynskey R330 & Pro29, Yelli Screamy 29

knef

by knef

Well, that's one awesome Crux. Too bad we don't see them often in the amateur circuit in Belgium. Almost nobody is using discs overhere.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

specialized has some radical color schemes. i dig the frame

whilgenberg

by whilgenberg

knef wrote:Well, that's one awesome Crux. Too bad we don't see them often in the amateur circuit in Belgium. Almost nobody is using discs overhere.

Why aren't they running disc brakes? It seems the only downside to them would be the weight and that isn't that much.

jonas

by jonas

Regarding Narrow/Wide chainring and rear mech I can't say I have experience with CX1, but I currently run a setup with Blackspire Narrow/Wide chainring and Shimano SLX Shadow + rear mech on my hardtail mtb. No problems what so ever, have worked absolutely perfect during the ~6 months I've used it and not a single chain drop.

frohrider

by frohrider

Some updates did take place - switched my brakes from Bengal to TRP Spyre, installed my Exogram Crank and got a new Wheelset (tune king/kong laced to IronCross, 1371gr with 28/32).
I didn't go for a 1x11 setup yet, as I'd like to misuse it for some onroad session when the road conditions are critcal. Weight is down to 8140gr. Feels really good as it is right now so I'll ride it most likely in this setup for the rest of the season.

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Nice looking Crux. Would love a pair of wheels like those for longer gravel rides.

victaras

by victaras

Crazy color sheme, but really eyecatching :)
Raleigh Militis Race/ Campy Record/ Boras 6915g

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com