2009 Scott Addict R2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

simurs4

by simurs4

Hey guys thought i'd put up a couple pics of my latest purchase, have lusted after an Addict ever since i sold my old Scott Foil but i got caught up with focusing on time trialing and put it to the side. Now that my P3 is on the backburner after i got hit by a car, which destroyed my aerobars and buckled my front wheel (luckily the frame survived) i thought i'd search for another roadie to keep me occupied.
This R2 came on the market and although it's a bit of a mish mash of random bits just so i can ride it the frame is 100% perfect and fits me better than my previous Scott did apart from the giant stem so i'm happy!
Here it is atm basically:

Frame - Scott Addit R2 HMX 52cm
Bar - Random Easton EC70 carbon bar (not a massive fan of the shape but it will do)
Stem - Random 3T alloy stem, 130mm which is way too long for me, 110mm would suit better.
Cables - Standard Shimano
Saddle - Fizik Arione
Pedals - Speedplay stainless
Group - 10 spd SRAM Red shifters, F + R Derailleurs and Cassette
Brakes - Dura Ace F + R
Crank - Ultegra, looking to change to SRAM Red
Wheelset - Bottom of the barrel R500 Shimano's with Kenda Kadence tyres

All my other wheels are 11 spd so the R500's will have to do for the time being. Looking at getting some ebay chinese carbons and see how they go.
As it is the bike already feels lighter then my Foil even with the wheels which probably weigh over 1800g's. I'm unsure how to change to a SRAM Red crank however since the Addicts run press fit internal BB86 and SRAM is BB30.
What would be the easiest way to get a Red crank on this? And can i use a later model 2012 Red crank or should i go use a 2010 crank like what the other group parts are?
If i could get this under 6kg, 5.5kg would be even better then i would be happy.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Congrats on the new roadie - especially since it's a Scott!

Looking forward to seeing you build up the Scott AND Cervelo P3.

If you haven't already, double check your BB situation. My '09 R1 has an English BB.

By the way, I believe the '09 R1 (yellow) frame is identical to the R2 (red) except for a slighly different paint scheme and highlight colors.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simurs4

by simurs4

Are there any advantages or disadvantages in having an english bb? From what ive read im pretty sure the r2, r1 and sl are the same frame basically apart from minor differences. All my previous bikes have been matte carbon so its nice to have gloss paint for a change and it looks sweet!
My other option was an R3 SL but the Addict was at a price too good too refuse.
Depending how I go with my crank situation I may end up selling all the bits off and fitting Sram Red or Force 22, would suit it well I think.
Im currently working out all my stack/rrech etc for the P3 as im wanting to fit Zipp VukaStealth bars. Im not to upset over my current 3T aero bars that came with it being mushed as I didnt like the feel/fit of them much.

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Bb86 is wider, so in theory the bottom bracket junction might be stiffer. Around 2009/2010 the R2 switched to HMF carbon, I think around the time that they started doing the team Columbia paint jobs