Crux disc with cx1 and Enve xc tubulars.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Frame/fork and S700 shifters and fork are from 2014 Crux Elite disc. The rest has been uppgraded. Highlights. Enve xc29 tubular with Dt180 hubs, cx1 derailleur, Redcranks w Absolute Black narrow/wide ring, s-works stem and carbon bars, eggbeater 4 ti pedals etc.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bfno

by bfno

Nice build! I'm about to build up something similar, a crux with cx1 hydro but I am thinking of waiting for next years mavic ksyrium discs.
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

eigner

by eigner

Awesome build
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

allezdude

by allezdude

Sweet! What was the frame weight?

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Very nice bike! Excellent build. How does the CX-1 and the hydro brakes perform?

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Thx guys. Did not weigh frame and fork unfortunately. But I don't think they are super light. Around 1200 and 500 I guess. But it is super stiff. I used Red shifters with type2 derailleur before. Have just done one proper cx ride but shifting was extremely good. Brakes too but they are brand new after recall so will probably bed in a bit and become even better. Cx1 is not light but worth it. This setup feels very secure. Nice and quiet too without chainslap.

Cerealkiller

by Cerealkiller

Nice build. I just purchased the same bike and am looking to change to CX1 set up. What size front ring did you select and whats the cassette? I'm running the stock and did my first race and found I was in the big ring but stayed in the 23-28 range because of the corners and I got a flat. Looking to bring the gearing closer and staying in the sweet spot.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Peter_E

by Peter_E

I run a 42 ring and 11-28 cassette. It works but obviously you can't get up steep hills with high cadence. I am 62 kilos and race masters. Most People here run 40 or 42 ring with single ring front.