Fondriest Don Racer

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Gert Jan Theunisse

by Gert Jan Theunisse

She could use a cleaning/tune-up, and the component mix is a little scattered (Campy Daytona front brake, Dia-Compe rear, SRAM Apex WiFli rear derailleur, etc.), but with a little TLC and $ I know I can make her a real weight weenie!

I really liked my Scandium F1R and Specialized E5, but the Lampre colors and soft touch paint easily make this the best frame I've ever owned.

Drivetrain is SRAM Rival with the above-mentioned exceptions and a Rotor inner chainring. Prior to Rival I rode Campy Chorus for 10+ years, but fell in love with SRAM from day one and am not sure I'll ever go back.

Wheelset is Revolution Wheelworks REV-22L at 1290 grams.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

That's nice, I'd ride it for sure.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

micky

by micky

You should try to find a Campy Record 10speed with alloy crankset. :thumbup:

michel2

by michel2

I remeber those frames, deda u2 tubing ? And the paint always wanted me to squeeze the tube's (;

Gert Jan Theunisse

by Gert Jan Theunisse

Yes, Deda U2, but supposedly heat treated by Fondriest and at a thicker gauge to make it stronger.

I've always wanted a U2 frame despite the stories of flex and decreased durability, but haven't experienced either with this frame. I'm always surfing the web for other U2s for sale, but they're hard to find.

The paint is certainly unique and is holding up well, but I do wonder -- if I ever want to be a real Weight Weenies and strip the paint -- if the "thick" feel of it would mean a more significant weight loss than the removal of more traditional paint.

Krull

by Krull

Gert Jan Theunisse wrote:Yes, Deda U2, but supposedly heat treated by Fondriest and at a thicker gauge to make it stronger.

remains to be hoped, that he is less vulnerable for bumps than the "normal" u-2s.

nice build, lovely wheelset. sram is a good choice, i m happy with it as well. :thumbup:

i although have a deda u-2 frameset (with cannondale fork). i will rebuild it in winter, because i simply love it aestethically. (and the ride is not bad either! :D )
regards,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com