by chazmtb

Very cool build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ozrider

by Ozrider

I failed to notice the new EE brakes. Nicely done building up a new bike and fitting it with brakes that only became available today through retailers.
Any feedback on their operation?

Parlee Z5, Trek Madone, Colnago Dream,
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

kmenon610

by kmenon610

Hey guys!

The EE direct mount brakes work incredibly well. A little more involved to set up than the traditional direct mount brakes but worth it. The link adjustment is so easy and it works perfectly.

I would say the modulation is on par with the Dura Ace direct mounts but in a much lighter package.

The V1-r does have a Ferrari emblem on every frame. I know some people don't like it on there but it represents the partnership between Colnago and Ferrari on the design of this frame. Ferrari actually helped tune the layup of the frame to make it lighter and stronger than the original designs.

As for the brake mount under the chainstay; I know people think there is no advantage to having it there but there is one. Whether or not you believe in the aerodynamic advantages, one thing that can't be argued is the ability to tune the seat stay lay up more aggressively. What that means is that it is easier to lighten and shape the seat stays when you don't have to account for braking force on them. Of course, this helps with overall vertical compliance on the frame.

As for long term brake performance, I'll let you guys know as I ride it long term.

Overall, I'm really happy with the bike. If you have any questions, let me know!

Also, after my fit, I'll get you guys some more photos and a final weight.

Thanks! :D

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Looks amazing!

Permon

by Permon

Calnago wrote: The new Pinarello F8 uses direct mount brakes, but places them neatly hidden behind some fairing like seatstays, which shows you can still have direct mount brakes and make them very aero (if you care about that sort of thing) without placing them in such an awkward place in terms of maintenance and the amount of crud that will be thrown up at them from the road.

No, Dogma F8 does not use direct mount brakes.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

The bike looks excellent. I am still trying to come to terms with the concept that this is designed as an aero frame. To me the profile looks very dissimilar to the standard aero framesets on the market. I have no doubt Colnago did their design homework, but from the visual side, I just don't see it. If this is actually a slippery design, then I am all for it as the looks are nicely understated.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Permon wrote:
Calnago wrote: The new Pinarello F8 uses direct mount brakes, but places them neatly hidden behind some fairing like seatstays, which shows you can still have direct mount brakes and make them very aero (if you care about that sort of thing) without placing them in such an awkward place in terms of maintenance and the amount of crud that will be thrown up at them from the road.

No, Dogma F8 does not use direct mount brakes.

I stand corrected. Thx @Permon. Don't know what I was thinking. Just saw the idea of the F8 seat stays and brake placement and thought "there ya go... aero AND accessible AND avoiding that constant road grunge spray from the front wheel that we have for so many months of the year where I live". But direct mount or not, I don't think I'll ever prefer a bottom mount rear brake over current placements.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

OrenciaB

by OrenciaB

Very sleek looking machine!
Hey does all that Rapha and Hi-vis make you faster?

wkwt

by wkwt

Really, really nice!

ColnagoJohn

by ColnagoJohn

this might be an un-popular post, but i drove 100 miles yesterday to a shop with one of these in my size in stock, armed with the money fully expecting to buy one. I couldn't believe how underwhelmed i was. Extremely bland, i didn't like the stuck on rather than painted on colnago writing on the down tube. It was however impressively light, but for me it was nowhere near striking enough to bare the colnago logo. Shame because i wanted a really light colnago to replace mine.

dogg

by dogg

cool story

MartyWild

by MartyWild

kmenon610 wrote:
As for long term brake performance, I'll let you guys know as I ride it long term.

Overall, I'm really happy with the bike. If you have any questions, let me know!

Also, after my fit, I'll get you guys some more photos and a final weight.

Thanks! :D

Loving the look of your bike! Any more word on her, now you've ridden it for a few months?

I just ordered the frameset, am really tempted by the EE DM Aero brakes, do you think they are worth the expense?

Forgive the noob question, but am I right in thinking the FD is the braize on type?

Saw another thread on here where someone made out like the seatpost is very heavy, would you agree with that?

One last question, in the pics I can see what looks like a Shimano tension adjuster, yet you're running Campy. Is that a little mod you did?

So excited about my new build, will be running the full Campy Record 11s groupset, so it's not going to be as light as yours.
Last edited by MartyWild on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soracabana

by soracabana

@MartyWild : Pictures when bike's ready?

@Kmenom610 : news pictures and long term ride feedbike?

Please... Thanks.

JLFast

by JLFast

Beautiful build!

MartyWild

by MartyWild

I'll definitely be postings pics up Soracabana, I see you have seen my thread.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com