2015 s-works tarmac

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Nice bike. Here are a couple of things that I see may be issues: first, what is the setback on your seatpost? If you're running the saddle that far forward on a setback saddle, you may want to get a post with minimal or no setback.

Next, I would absolutely remove the valve caps. They're only there for shipping purposes (I keep them on my spare tire to prevent the tire from puncturing itself, when stored). You should also remove the valve nut, as it is unnecessary, unless you are running tubeless tires (which you are not). If you get rattling of the valve against the wheel, use a little bit of black electrical tape, slipped over the valve. That prevents the valve from rattling around, is lighter, and blends in with the wheel.

Otherwise, nice bike, and I hope you put a lot of miles on it!

DannyMarron87

by DannyMarron87

FIJIGabe wrote:Nice bike. Here are a couple of things that I see may be issues: first, what is the setback on your seatpost? If you're running the saddle that far forward on a setback saddle, you may want to get a post with minimal or no setback.

Next, I would absolutely remove the valve caps. They're only there for shipping purposes (I keep them on my spare tire to prevent the tire from puncturing itself, when stored). You should also remove the valve nut, as it is unnecessary, unless you are running tubeless tires (which you are not). If you get rattling of the valve against the wheel, use a little bit of black electrical tape, slipped over the valve. That prevents the valve from rattling around, is lighter, and blends in with the wheel.

Otherwise, nice bike, and I hope you put a lot of miles on it!

Hi, thanks for your comments.

Both of those photo's were took pre-bike fit. My previous bike had an 11mm shorter top tube so to get my required reach I had to put the seat all the way forward. I've now swapped the 100mm stem out for a 90mm stem and have put the saddle back roughly 10-15mm which now makes the set back seat post okay. Just haven't got any photos to upload of the new setting.

Not going to lie, I've never heard of not running the valve cap and and valve but..

Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Darceking

by Darceking

I am building a 2015 S-Works Venge ( CVNDSH ) and I want KMC Chain. All the ones I have looked for on Wiggle etc have only been for Campag. Do they make a shimano one or are they all the same ? I will be running DA9000 or DA9070 ( undecided )

DannyMarron87

by DannyMarron87

Darceking wrote:I am building a 2015 S-Works Venge ( CVNDSH ) and I want KMC Chain. All the ones I have looked for on Wiggle etc have only been for Campag. Do they make a shimano one or are they all the same ? I will be running DA9000 or DA9070 ( undecided )

Hey mate,

Forget where it says "suitable for Campag". I'm not sure why they only list Campag as in theory it's just a chain and fits whatever groupset you want! So yea it will fit DA9000 fine, It does on my bike anyway :)

Jman

by Jman

DannyMarron87 wrote:
Darceking wrote:I am building a 2015 S-Works Venge ( CVNDSH ) and I want KMC Chain. All the ones I have looked for on Wiggle etc have only been for Campag. Do they make a shimano one or are they all the same ? I will be running DA9000 or DA9070 ( undecided )

Hey mate,

Forget where it says "suitable for Campag". I'm not sure why they only list Campag as in theory it's just a chain and fits whatever groupset you want! So yea it will fit DA9000 fine, It does on my bike anyway :)

Yep. KMC X11SL and it works with every 11s drivetrain.

gus300

by gus300

gmakris wrote:
thisisatest wrote:56 New SWorks Tarmac is 1120grams. With hanger, seatpost clamp hardware, aluminum bottle screws. Heavier than SL4. Disc version was only 5g heavier, which may explain things.
I got a photo of it somewhere, couldn't find it so far.

Very nice setup! almost identical to mine!

in No54 scales at 1026gr (hanger+bolts+clamp+bottom bracket)

nice bike but quick question, your from with forks, bracket and clamp is 1026g because there is a guy in youtube weighting a 56 and it total to 1800, that seems like a huge difference for both of you guys frames

morteng

by morteng

HI what do you use for mounting the Dura Ace on the frame? As i understand the frame comes with ceramic speed bb, but for specialized crankset.

thanks

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

gus300 wrote:
gmakris wrote:
thisisatest wrote:56 New SWorks Tarmac is 1120grams. With hanger, seatpost clamp hardware, aluminum bottle screws. Heavier than SL4. Disc version was only 5g heavier, which may explain things.
I got a photo of it somewhere, couldn't find it so far.

Very nice setup! almost identical to mine!

in No54 scales at 1026gr (hanger+bolts+clamp+bottom bracket)

nice bike but quick question, your from with forks, bracket and clamp is 1026g because there is a guy in youtube weighting a 56 and it total to 1800, that seems like a huge difference for both of you guys frames

The weight I posted was without bb bearings, they're usually 45-50g/pr.
Also no fork or headset (or headset spacers or compression plug). Just the "standardized" bare frame, so with hanger, seatpost clamp. Aluminum bottle bosses weigh almost nothing.
Fork is 380g IIRC, headset is I'm guessing maybe 90g, 35g compression plug.
Not sure how that dude got to 1800. My guess is he weighed it with everything it came with, so even including the 30/24mm bb adapters and maybe even the owners manual.

jumma

by jumma

Hi

Interesting re the weights. I think I have seen that video where the guys weighs the frame it is a 56 Black and red painted 2015 and is including:

Frame 56 cm Black/Gloss red paint c/w FD and RD hangers, bolt cage bolts, BB and bearings and seat clamp internal fastener = 1104g
Head set c/w bearings and spacers = 101 g
Fork (uncut) black with red paint model = 387g
Seat post (carbon) with set fixing hardware (single bolt I believe) = 208g

This added up to be 1800g. He shows them all on the scales, each part.

You could take off probably 40 grams for the fork tube cutting and some for paint if you have the black on black frame i.e. no gloss paint, less stickers etc. This might drop another 30 grams??

I think for the bike in 56cm bOB colour (Slealth) all this gear should be around 1700 grams at best.

But then again the S-works is not really about being super light, it is about a well balance, stiff, compliant and fast frame with good R&D background.

That is how I understand it anyhow.

Anyhow, I have done much research, I am getting mine in BOB in 56cm in a few weeks with Full DA Di2 and all S-works gear, including aerolfy bars and CLX40's. Will see how much that weighs. Ill try and get component weights, or at least the frame pre groupset and wheels, stem, bar and seat.

Cheers

James

em3

by em3

...the warning labels on ur wheels and tire labels/hot patches unaligned with valve stem are hurting my eyes! :D otherwise, nice build