Good afternoon fellow "Weight Weenies"!
Long time viewer, first time poster!
I have just purchased a new Size 56 SWORKS SL4 frame and had them build it up with the following specifications:
- Full Dura-Ace 9000 mechanical grouppo
- Dura-Ace 9000 C24 Clinchers
- Ritchey Matrix Stem 110m - 120g
- Ritchey Superlogic EvoCurve Bars 42cm - 190g
- Prologo Zero 2 Nack Saddle - 175g
- BBB Flexi bottle cages x 2 - 30g each (undestructable/personal favourite).
- Continental GP4000S tyres
- Lightweight tubes.
- CB Pedals - 285gThe bike has come up at 7.3kg (including pedal and bottle cages, excluding garmin)I am extremely suprised and shocked as I think the bike is extremely heavy considering the spec I put on it!
I have seen others on this site, with similar spec builds to mine (even though maybe they use different wheels they come in at approximately the same weight as my C24 9000 clinchers) to have bikes significantly lighter (up to a KG!)
I have had other riders with SL4 SWORKS TARMAC bikes comment to me how heavy my particular bike is relevant to theirs (our specifications and parts are almost identical, ie give or take 50grams)Can anyone out there please tell me if I am wrong and 7.3kg is "light" for this type of bike!
I believe I am not in the wrong here and that in-fact for some odd reason 7.3kg is extremely heavy for this type of bike!
A few of my past bikes have been:
- 2010 Dogma 60.1 - Dura-Ace 7900 - Fulcrum Racing Zero Wheels - Size 550 - 7.23kg w pedals
- 2014 Focus Izalco Team SL 3 Dura-Ace 9000 (size 56) - Fulcrum Racing Zero Wheels - 6.9kg w pedals
- Scott Foil Team Issue Dura-Ace (size large 56)- Dura-Ace C24 Clinchers for training - C35 Tubular for Racing! (exact same part build as the SWORKS SL4 I HAVE) 6.89kg with pedals
It is just concerning that a bike like the SWORKS SL4, pegged as a "all round" bike and a bike better suited to climbing for its "weight" can weigh in at such a ridiculously high figure, when my Scott Foil in the same size with the exact same parts build came in 400g less (and they claim the foil is a heavier frame than the sl4)Any help would be appreciated from any of you