Cannondale SuperSix Evo

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Hi guys. Long time lurker here. I'm Can, from Istanbul, Turkey. I picked up cycling last year September and became addicted so fast. 2 starter bikes later, I started building this bike on March and here it is.

Frame and fork: 2013 SuperSix Evo 2 Red - 58cm
Stem: Ritchey WCS 4-Axis 44, 110mm
Bars: Ritchey WCS Curve 42 cm
Seatpost: Ritchey WCS 1 bolt
Saddle: Fizik Antares
Groupset: Dura Ace 9000 - except crankset
Cranks: Rotor 3D+
Chainrings: PraxisWorks 50-34
Pedals: Ultegra 6700 Carbon
Bottle cages: Elite Custom Race

Wheelset: 1400 gr w/o rim tape and skewers
Rims: Reynolds Assault SLG 2014 - clincher
Hubs: Chris King R45
Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
Rim tape: Zefal cotton. (Veloplugs on the way)
Skewers: KCNC Z6 stainless steel
Tyres: Schwalbe One 25mm
Tubes: Continental Race Light

Complete bike weighs 7.1 kg flat with bottle cages, pedals and Garmin mount. Sorry, I forgot to take a scale picture at my LBS.

And the bike:

I do around 1000 km monthly on not so flat terrain. I was using my Fulcrum Racing 3 wheelset but wanted something more aero. I received Reynolds set last week and just found a chance to go on a short ride today. I had an accident 2 weeks ago and I'm still recovering. So no hard pushing for a few more weeks.

Build is nothing exotic, but fire away any questions that you would like to ask. :beerchug:

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Filthy, more pictures plz!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Thanks jbaillie. I'll try to take some more pics this week.

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

Very nice! I was following the Assault SLG v November Rail thread and I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the Reynolds so far. I'm considering a set from the same builder. Thanks!

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Well, I only did 100km and can't really say much yet.

We had strong side winds yesterday, about 25km/h with 35 km/h gusts and I didn't really feel anything on open road. Ride quality was great compared to my Fulcrum R3s but this may be 25mm vs 23mm tires. Braking is OK. There's no squealing, almost dead silent. This is with Reynolds blue pads. I'm still recovering from the accident and the ride was relatively slow tempo so I can't comment on flexing. I hope that I'll be able to use full potential in next few weeks.

About the builder, they are awesome guys. Communication was perfect and I am extremely satisfied with their service.

PRL

by PRL

Sleepless wrote:
About the builder, they are awesome guys. Communication was perfect and I am extremely satisfied with their service.

Who is the builder?

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Rich from Prowheelbuilder.

Dirty32

by Dirty32

Nice bike you've got there, Can.

Wheels look the goods... although I guess you'd never tell they were anything other than standard unless you took a close look.
The KCNC skewers holding up ok with them? What made you go with the Schwalbe Ones?

Cannondales are definitely starting to grow on me!

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Thanks Dirty.

To be honest, KCNC skewers are a disappointment for me. You really need to tighten them good, especially rear one. I don't think that I'll be using them for long. Reviews are good in general so maybe it's just me though.

I primarily used Michelin Pro4 Service Course and wanted to try something different. Schwalbe One looks good on paper and I thought they would be great summer tires. So far I'm happy with them. I didn't measure them but they look a little wider than 25mm but I guess that's not a surprise for most tires.

Sleepless

by Sleepless

More pics: Album. Sorry for background. :roll:

superdx

by superdx

I went through the same tires as you! Looks like Cannondale owners tend to think alike! I wouldn't recommend the Schwable Ones. I realize that punctures are a matter of luck (by a large margin) but I've had 4 punctures in the space of a month, whereas I have never flat with the Pro4 SCs. If you're happy with them, there's no need to switch.

Sleepless

by Sleepless

superdx, I switched from Pro4s for no reason. Speaking of punctures, I had 3 in a week with my first set of Pro4s. It really is a matter of luck. :D

gmakris

by gmakris

Excellent! My favorite color!!!

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Thanks mate. I fell in love with this colourway when I saw it first time on this forum. Luckily, I scored the frame from eBay not long after. :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NelsonDownUnder

by NelsonDownUnder

Sleepless - looks good. I just built up a new Wilier bike (pics in this forum) and got the new Assault SLG carbon clinchers also; so far I love them. And, I also came off of Racing 3's too :wink:. I'm using 25mm Vredestein Fortezza Senso All Weather tires...used to use Conti Gators. It's hard to accurately compare both the wheel and tire differences since I didn't try the Conti's on the Assaults and vice versa as I did a full swap to the new combo. But, the new combo wheel/tire package is superb so far and has a noticeable difference; no downside! I'm using the factory Reynolds Skewers and was about to upgrade to Ti Skewers, but after you're bad review of your aftermarket Skewers maybe I should wait?