Cannondale SuperSix Evo

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Nelson, I was using steel KCNC skewers, not Ti. I had bad creaking from rear one when sprinting and I switched to Fulcrum skewers. No issues at all with them. I didn't have Reynolds skewers so I can't comment on them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Guys, I need a new bottom bracket and I can't decide. Currently I'm using Sram PF30 bb and it's causing creaks time to time that goes away after "disassemble and clean" routine every month.

I'm between CK and Rotor, both with steel bearings. Any suggestions?

CaliBuddha
in the industry

by CaliBuddha

Beautiful bike

bura

by bura

Sleepless-bike looks good. Enjoy your ride.
However my mates do not have had good experiences with Reynolds wheels. Do not know about the Assault but to many incidents of breaking spokes followed by a complete rim failure with the lighter 32 and 46 'ers.
Hope it does not happen to yours.
BTW, it may be easier to close your rear skewer that way but I advise you to close it with the skewer arm showing to the front of the bike especially if you do group rides.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Thanks guys.

@bura, it's been ~2500km with Reynolds and no problems so far. I don't usually close the skewer that way. Probably LBS did it because that KCNC skewer was a PITA. I'm back to heavier Fulcrum skewers and they are easier to operate.

Sleepless

by Sleepless

New stuff!

Updated build list:

Frame: 2013 SuperSix Evo 2 - 58cm
Stem: Ritchey Superlogic C260 - 110 mm
Bars: Ritchey Superlogic EvoCurve 42 cm
Seatpost: Ritchey Superlogic Flexlogic
Saddle: Fizik Antares Kium
Groupset: Dura Ace 9000
Cranks: Rotor 3D+ / Rotor compact chainrings
Pedals: Ultegra 6700 Carbon
Bottle cages: Chinese XXX
Bartape: Lizard Skins DSP 2.5

Wheelset:
Rims: Reynolds Assault SLG 2014 - clincher
Hubs: Chris King R45
Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
Rim tape: Veloplugs
Skewers: Fulcrum
Tyres: Vittoria Pave CG
Tubes: Continental Race Light

I also replaced the expander with the new light one. BB will be replaced with Rotor 4630 next week. I didn't weigh with the new setup yet (don't have a scale) but it should be around 6.9 now. Full bike and scale pics will follow as soon as sun decides to show itself.

Antares started to be a pita. I borrowed my friend's Romin Evo in 143mm and I find it more comfortable than Antares. I'll buy Romin Evo Pro version next week after I put my ass on the ass-o-meter to determine the best size for me. This will be the last purchase for the bike and I wouldn't want to change anything else. Maybe skewers. Fulcrum ones work great but they are kind of heavy. This is not somewhere I'd normally want to save weight but if I find a good, light skewer set without creaking problems, I'll consider. Of course, without cashing out a fortune. :lol: Any recommendations on that?
Attachments
Ritchey Superlogic C260
Ritchey Superlogic C260
Ritchey Superlogic Evocurve
Ritchey Superlogic Evocurve

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Extralite streeters awesome and quiet. I have one set of quiet KCNC Ti skewers, and one set of KCNC Ti skewers that creak on my roady but are quiet on my TT.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Thanks Nifty. I can't really justify spending $150 on a set of skewers unless I catch a deal on them.

Any experience on Enve Ti skewers? Seems like a good deal for $50 and 60 grams.

stormur

by stormur

Sleepless wrote:Guys, I need a new bottom bracket and I can't decide. Currently I'm using Sram PF30 bb and it's causing creaks time to time that goes away after "disassemble and clean" routine every month.

I'm between CK and Rotor, both with steel bearings. Any suggestions?

Rotor all the way . Install on thick grease ( motorex2000 works fine ) and forget. Never had any troubles , on 3 different PF30 frames.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Thanks mate. I already bought it (steel bearings) and will be installed this week.

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Enjoying Assaults again after the crash.

Fizik Antares has gone and I'm on a Specialized Romin Evo Pro now. Also got myself a pair of Reynolds Pro skewers, 40gr for a set. No creaking or weird noise but there's some brake rub under load. :(

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Latest:

Romin Evo is gone and Antares is back. Also Power2Max has joined the family. Pedals are Look Keo Blade 2. 7.15 kg as pictured minus the bottle. :)

Canofale

by Canofale

Are you sure your scales are accurate, I would have thought it'd be lighter than that?

What's the problem with the Antares, I've just bought one without testing?
2015 Caad10 Ultegra 7.1kg
2016 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 6.6kg

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Yes, Canofale. I've tried different scales. This is not a himod and size is 58 which doesn't help, wheels are clinchers and Strada tires are kind of heavy. Lowest weight was 6.95 with Corsa 23 and Conti Supersonic tubes and before Power2Max.

In fact I'm surprised some people here claim their bikes high 6s, low 7s with off the shelf builds. I've seen a few with almost identical components claiming 6s. Maybe I should remove tubes before weighing. :lol:

There's nothing wrong with Antares. I had issues on long rides and wanted to try Romin Evo for some time, but it didn't work better than Antares, so it's back on the bike now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nicklausw

by nicklausw

How did you like the Romin Evo compared to the Antares?