Cervelo R2 (7.18kg...for now)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

That looks fantastically sharp. Any plans on changing out the FSA seatpost? Very interested in what crank you're going to go with.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prebsy

by prebsy

Yes, I've got a bontrager XXX seatpost on the way should come in around 150g. It's not the lightest but it should be a more reliable option than one of those silly light woodman posts. I can't decide between the fsa K force 386 evo and the rotor 3d+.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

pista stem haha cool!

jdp211

by jdp211

If your intent was to build a light bike, why'd you go for a model with a heavier fork? That said, sharp looking bike.

prebsy

by prebsy

The intent was to build a light bike that could do everything well. The extra clearance was a major factor in going with the R2 over the R3. The fork is only marginally heavier and it's just my opinion but I think the r2 is quite stunning while the R3 is a bit fuggly.

prebsy

by prebsy

Just picked up an FSA kforce light bbright crankset on ebay for $128. I also just received a package from china that got me very excited.
The Crank should save me at least 200g maybe more depending on chain ring choice. The saddle should save me about 60g over my romin but right now it is just an experiment.

KWalker

by KWalker

Playing around with your fit? Noticed you have a really aggro setup now, but the future setup is much less aggro, unless Kalloy makes a more aggro stem than I've seen on the forums.

Saddle to bar/hood drop on this? Could be the angle, but you might have more than I do.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

fletch62

by fletch62

Like to know how you get on with the Merek saddle. I have a different model and was looking at this for a replacement.

prebsy

by prebsy

The merek saddle is pretty good. I was getting 1hr no issues. I did a 2.5hr ride on pancake flats and that was a bit rough. I think I will be able to adjust. The wishbone is actually pretty annoying it makes some weird noises.

KWalker

by KWalker

Not sure what you weigh, but I had a Woodman post and it was just fine if you can use zero offset. My 5mm Bontrager XXX did not come out at 155 I can go weigh it later to confirm. My 3T Doric LTD came in at 145 though, just options if weight is of the utmost concern.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

prebsy

by prebsy

That's weird my 31.6 bonti post was only about 6g off claimed. I have been mulling over the much lighter options but the cradles and rails look like crap on most of them. @KWalker what is the best place to get a woodman? I was eying up the carbo el and then just replacing the cradle and yokes.

KWalker

by KWalker

Its been years since I had one so I forget where I ordered it. I replaced the cradle with a 3T LTD cradle to have more rail support and kept the yokes/bolts.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Frankie13

by Frankie13

goodboyr wrote:The only issue that makes a pf30 a bit special for bbright is the need for a longer connecting tube between the two side of the pf30 bb. That would prevent water ingress into the back side of the bearings. So a normal pf39 with a shorter connecting tube might have a gap where water can enter. Its not a big deal. The bearing cups are the same.

Interesting you mention that about the connecting tube.
I'm looking for a bb for my wilier cento 1 SR which has a 386 EVO and Chris King told me their PF30 would work.
The only issue I think would be that the tube would be to short. Do you think it will be a problem to install the bb without the tube , or just have the tube insert on one side of the bb?
I really would like to use Kings PF30.

Thanks!

prebsy

by prebsy

I think there is room between the sleeves and cups. Like CK fsa advertises their pf30 for pf30, bbright, bb386evo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

em3

by em3

...280 grams for 80mm Kenda tubes???

Otherwise, nice build. EM3