2015 S-Works Venge 6220g

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bearman

by bearman

That is such a great setup - race ready!! The turbo cottons are lush...

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Good lord, you just made me like the Venge for the first time

What a setup, wow

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

so slammed, dang.

by 573

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Good lord, you just made me like the Venge for the first time

This ^ :thumbup:

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Thanks guys. I am glad you all like it. I may change to SRAM Red 22 at some point, and either sell my 2010 404 tubies, and buy Roval 60 tubies, or put Chris King 11sp hubs on the 404's. I'm also going to buy some CLX64 tubies when they become available. Other than that, I love this bike currently. It's fantastic to ride.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

New update. SRAM Red 22 Shifters, 11-25 cassette, and chain brought it down to 6790g. Just under the UCI limit....

pietrosan

by pietrosan

Would you suggest getting 24mm or 26mm Turbo Cottons? I read you have run both.

I have a Venge just like yours, and am currently riding 23mm S-Works Turbos (the older, 220tpi, red label slicks) on my Rapide 60s. Looking for more suppleness and less rolling resistance, but I'm not sure which ones to get. I'm 5'8 and 132lbs, if that helps, and I only ride on tarmac.

Thanks!

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

pietrosan wrote:Would you suggest getting 24mm or 26mm Turbo Cottons? I read you have run both.

I have a Venge just like yours, and am currently riding 23mm S-Works Turbos (the older, 220tpi, red label slicks) on my Rapide 60s. Looking for more suppleness and less rolling resistance, but I'm not sure which ones to get. I'm 5'8 and 132lbs, if that helps, and I only ride on tarmac.

Thanks!

Go for it... you'll love them.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

ProfessorChaos wrote:
chris8382 wrote:nice bike. As much as I would love to work for a bike manufacturer, it would be tough to constrain myself to riding only their products......

I don't really have to constrain myself to their products. However, I bought some of our wheels for everyday training wheels. CLX60's are my new daily wheels wrapped in Turbo Cotton tires 24mm front 26mm rear. I also upgraded to a Quarq spider, and SRAM TT chainrings. I hope you like the latest look.

Amazing build.... love it! And you have my dream job, working for the S!

These are my whips...

natefontaine

by natefontaine

Could you show some more detailed pics of the cable routing you did with the aerofly?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

natefontaine wrote:Could you show some more detailed pics of the cable routing you did with the aerofly?

Don't know if you're talking to me or the OP.... we are both running S-Works Aerofly. I have them on both my Venge and Allez. here's a link to an article I wrote about my stem and mount setup, but i has a bunch of pics of that area of the bike. Its fairly straight forward.

pietrosan

by pietrosan

CrankAddictsRich wrote:Its fairly straight forward.

For the life of me, I don't understand how that Bar Fly mount attaches to the stem. Does it go underneath the faceplate?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

pietrosan wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:Its fairly straight forward.

For the life of me, I don't understand how that Bar Fly mount attaches to the stem. Does it go underneath the faceplate?

Yes... the underside of the faceplate has a small valley that the mounting bolt sits in.

pietrosan

by pietrosan

Sweet! I'm now considering getting a Cyrano stem instead of a standard Specialized one. It's the 7* version in the two pictures you just posted, correct? How long is it? Also, are you not annoyed by the torx bolts that come with it?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

pietrosan wrote:Sweet! I'm now considering getting a Cyrano stem instead of a standard Specialized one. It's the 7* version in the two pictures you just posted, correct? How long is it? Also, are you not annoyed by the torx bolts that come with it?

Yes, I have the 7*.. 100mm length. Currently, the stem is pretty much slammed, just a 10mm headset spacer. I've considered getting a steeper angle, but Fizik only offers 7* and 20* and 20* is too dramatic.

Not to annoyed by the torx, my mini-tool has one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com