2015 S-Works Venge 6220g

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

Bart, that is awesome. Well done and money in hand is nice.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Thanks BMANX. I have not won a race in 3 years. It felt so great to win yesterday! Best feeling there is really.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

Now that I have my Triathlon out of the way, I will be building up the Cervelo with the Lightning cranks you sent my way and the custom ZIPP/ENVE bar/stem combo and getting that bike back to road shape. I also have to put back on the BERK saddle/post combo as there was no way I was going to do a triathlong with that but the SITERO was amazing.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Congrats on the win! Love the new bike and it sounds like it is doing you well

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Sounds good Brian! Can't wait to see it. I hope you like those cranks!

Bianchi I like this bike a lot. I'm not saying the increased stiffness is the reason I won, but the confidence blowing past the guy who got third on his Venge, on my SW Venge was comforting. The increased stiffness certainly didn't seem to hurt the performance.

Btw a new saddle has been purchased and is on the way for this bike. The SLR's rails don't bed right in the 7x9 carbon rail specialized mounts for the Venge Seatpost, so an S-Works Toupe is in transit to join in on this party. The SLR works, but it creaks a bit on hard seated efforts, and it annoys me.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Took it for a ride at my favorite place, Mohican State Park. I really, really love this bike.

BmanX

by BmanX

I know how you could really, really, really, really love that bike even more.

BERK!
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I have a S-Works Toupe coming in on Monday, but I am still seriously contemplating it. The Selle Italia creaks a bit in the Venge seatpost. The rails don't fit perfect.

lbrasi

by lbrasi

ProfessorChaos wrote:I have a S-Works Toupe coming in on Monday, but I am still seriously contemplating it. The Selle Italia creaks a bit in the Venge seatpost. The rails don't fit perfect.

you should use the carbon rail seat clamp, my selle italia fits perfect :)

bfno

by bfno

I've got the new S-Works Toupe and the old one and I can say right now it was a big improvement over the old for only a little weight penalty. Looks great too
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

lbrasi wrote:
ProfessorChaos wrote:I have a S-Works Toupe coming in on Monday, but I am still seriously contemplating it. The Selle Italia creaks a bit in the Venge seatpost. The rails don't fit perfect.

you should use the carbon rail seat clamp, my selle italia fits perfect :)

I used the carbon rail clamp, and it still didn't fit perfect. I have the S-Works Toupe on now, and it fits perfect. It was 10g heavier than the SLR, but whatever. I'm going to try it out tomorrow for the first time. 102 mile 11,000ft of climbing ride is on the itinerary. We'll see how it goes....

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Well the new saddle is a keeper. The century climbing ride was an absolute success. Total comfort the whole time, and again only a 10g penalty over the SLR it replaced. It's probably the most comfortable road saddle I've used. To be honest, I just wanted to get rid of that creak, but having a saddle that is amazingly comfortable never hurts. Anyway here are some pics from the weekend.

I was cleaning my bike room yesterday and I had all the bikes outside so it seemed like a good time to photograph my current stable.

Darceking

by Darceking

What Jagwire cables are you using ?

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Darceking wrote:What Jagwire cables are you using ?

The "Road Racer Kit".

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

I have to ask about some fit details. The Venge is a 56, correct? Can I ask saddle height and drop? Also, your height?

Thanks.