Giant TCX 0

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Got a great deal on the following cross bike.....looks like there is going to be at least 9 cross races this season in MS and LA, so thought I should jump in wheels first.

2013 Giant TCX 0
Shimano 6700
Giant PSL1 wheels

19lbs on the nose as pictured. Of course I would love to drop some weigh. The stem, seaport, bars are probably a bit heavy, so they will probably get upgraded.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

nice. Ive been considering a cross bike myself. Have a collection of old parts, but still need the major components.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Thanks, man. I've got 15+ acres to play with right out my back door, so looking forward to wearing this thing out.

Hoping for a few upgrades soon to lighten her up.

Does anyone have any idea of the wheel weight? They feel pretty light, so not sure how much there is to lose there.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

We weighed one in the shop a while back, think it was in the region of 1800g, not sure if anything has changed recently though. Certainly nothing light, but haven't had too many issues with Giant wheels baring one recall. Could probs easily drop 300g with Kinlin XR-270s built to BHS hubs.

TCX looks the biz, what brakes you running?
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Thanks! Definitely going to look at replacing them then.....

The brakes are TRP CX9s...work pretty well, but may swap out for some TRP Euros or similar.