Ciaoo da Roma!!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

DiterDV

by DiterDV

Hello to all,

For some time (2 years) I use the ww site to find information about “super” bikes but only now I put me on the forum list.
I'm Diter De Vrieze, 25 years and for the moment I live in Rome but I'm Belgian (Italian girlfriend). In 1996 I’ve started biking (mtb) and in 2001 I did by my first road bike, it was a Giant TCR equipped with Campagnolo Athena. After an accident I was forced to buy something else and my new bike is a Giant TCR composite with Record.

Last year I participated to my first cyclosportivo in France (La Ventoux, Les 3 Ballons, Vaujany and La Marmotte). These are the things I like to race the most.
And this year I go for La Maratona dles Dolomites (Italy) lets hope I will go like last year. Does somebody knows how to receive a good start number for this Granfondo?

This year I would like to equip my bike with some light carbon wheels and new stem and bar.
I was thinking of Syntace F119 and the carbon racelite and the wheels… (Bora’s, Hyperon’s, Zipp 303..we will see).

Nice to be here and I know I will receive good advice for the future choices. :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Perspective

by Perspective

:welcome: as a (registered user) DiterDV
that is some impresive list of cyclos you have there. I am planning to do one or two of them as well this year. Which is your favorite and why?

I have the F119 and Racelite Carbon on order for my new build so I can't say anything about them yet...

BTW I am dutch, I guess it's the people from the flat lands that are drawn to the mountains the most.

perspective

DiterDV

by DiterDV

Perspective wrote: I am planning to do one or two of them as well this year. Which is your favorite and why?

My favourite is the cyclo on the Ventoux, that mountain is really something special. Maybe it’s my favourite because there I finished 7th overall and all of the group who was there was really surprised (first cyclo..).
Les 3 Ballons is really hard too, over 200k and endless amount of hills..
La Marmotte is the one you need to do one time, but make sure you have a start number to start in the first group. Or you will loose a lot of time and more important it start to be dangerous to go fast off the mountains.

I have the F119 and Racelite Carbon on order for my new build so I can't say anything about them yet...

Let me know when you had a ride with your new bike!