Anders Scalpel 650b

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Anders

by Anders

BB insert went again on my Flash so time for an upgrade.
Bought a used Cannondale Scalpel 80 2012 frame with the XX shock and a new Lefty Hybrid PBR 100. The fork has been lowered to 90mm travel redycing the AC length by 10mm making the bike feel a bit shorter, lowering the BB and feeling a bit faster in the tight stuff. I also felt a need to switch from a +5 degree stem to a -5 degree stem with a single spacer to keep the center of gravity low enough. I replaced my old 9 speed X0 setup with som XX1/X01 and an Absolute Black 32T chainring. The conversion droped 300g from the old setup. Wheels are Stans Arch EX 650b with DT Super Comp spokes and DT 240S rear hub (which needs the shell replaced as it has cracks in it) running tubeless. I haven't gone silly light with it but the weight is still 9,65kg. I know the blue pedals is a total mismatch and that I should get a pair of black Hollowgrams for the final touch.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

You are a twister guy!

nice ride Anders.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Anders

by Anders

Stock bikes are borring :-)

650b is just very playfull and you get good acceleration and light weight. I'm sure a 29'er is faster but the ride is just less fun to me.

CulBaire

by CulBaire

Very nice Anders; I am actually looking at buying one of these frames to replace my aging Titus Racer-X (ti).