Trek Emonda SL Frameset - 52cm - Weights

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

wicked2010

by wicked2010

Seneb wrote:
wicked2010 wrote:Thanks for the replies. Bike is at the shop waiting for Trek to get back to him on how they will take care of this for me. What other brakes might give me better clearance from the SRAM group?

Read up on the last couple of pages. Or, are you asking about other SRAM brakes? If so, then I'm guessing you're out of luck. I'm incredibly happy with my eebrakes. They are frighteningly powerful and feel great. It just took a lot of whining about my old brakes to wear down my wife to get approval to buy them! :mrgreen:

So the eebrakes will work for my SL-8 and I can use 25mm Continental Gators? Trek told me their Bontrager 25's would work to. But their tires aren't as good as Continentals. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seneb

by Seneb

Here is my SL frameset with the 2015 eebrakes. The Conti GP 4000s 25c is on a BHS C22w rim that has a width of 24mm.
The tire measures somewhere around 27.5mm wide!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Seneb wrote:Calnago - You haven't finished the build yet?? :lol:

Nope, it's just been sitting around as I build other people's bikes. I have stripped all of the 105 stuff off of it however. I think it's going to build up real nice.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

wicked2010

by wicked2010

Seneb wrote:Here is my SL frameset with the 2015 eebrakes. The Conti GP 4000s 25c is on a BHS C22w rim that has a width of 24mm.
The tire measures somewhere around 27.5mm wide!

That's plenty of clearance! Looks like I'll be getting Shimano DA 9000 after all. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eldavido

by eldavido

First time here so just checking out different builds and what I can do to get this below 6.35 kg.

Received my SL frame wednesday and couldn't be happier. I was riding a Salsa Pistola with full Red and Bontrager XXX wheels for a weight of 7.5296333 kg (not bad for a OX Platimum steel frame). Loved it, but need something a little lighter and a little extra under the hood.

Frame weight for a 58cm is 1081 grams. I swapped over the Red parts and wheels and total bike weight comes in at 6.3956524 kg. What I was really impressed with is that Trek send two bottom bracket bearings; Shimano and Sram…awesome. I will have better pics tomorrow.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I don't know if SLR version is so impressive, look at this size 52.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=127604
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

KingOfCrank

by KingOfCrank

Well Trek has had a ton of good press on the Emonda. Enough good press the SL frame had a price bump to $2100 and the SLR to $4200.

That's a big jump on the SL.

wicked2010

by wicked2010

All done with my bike. Shimano DA 9000 installed. Look at the clearance with the front brake caliper. My SRAM Red 22 with 25's would rub the top of the bottom arch of the brake. No more rub with the DA brakes. Rode it for the 1st time 55 miles and it was incredible. Though I'm a huge SRAM fan just wasn't happy with the front brake issue. Gotta tell you the DA stuff is awesome. Took me about 15 miles of shifting to get use to it. And now I love it. Great braking too. This bike is dialed in for now. So far I love it. Thank you Trek for taking care of me!

GrashOverride

by GrashOverride

Hello there. I have just received my Emonda SL frame set. Still got some things missing to start the build, but meanwhile I was wondering about those internal cable routing guides, that come with the frame. They are just for the initial installation of all the cables, right? I should remove them completely, after I route my cables, right?

eldavido

by eldavido

GrashOverride wrote:Hello there. I have just received my Emonda SL frame set. Still got some things missing to start the build, but meanwhile I was wondering about those internal cable routing guides, that come with the frame. They are just for the initial installation of all the cables, right? I should remove them completely, after I route my cables, right?

correct, they are just for guides. If not, you would throw things in anger...

ricey155

by ricey155

nice frame very nice glad I googled it thinking of swopping my velobuild venge copy for a proper frame this year :-)

chayanat

by chayanat

I'm currently build one of mine too.
Similar to you on 52cm SL frameset with 6870 with internal battery. :D