2014 Cervelo S2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

7ducati

by 7ducati

Oh man, I love this bike. I liked my S-works too, but it was a size too small, so this one fits me better. I'm faster and more comfortable on the S2, I'm guessing because it actually fits me. Since this original post, I've gotten a power meter, and blacked out my Zipps, but other than that it hasn't needed anything new. How do you like your S3? I really wanted the S3 originally, because I wanted just the frame set, but I couldn't do red and grey (that's ohio state colors and I'm a Wolverine, haha).

I should mention that for the last 2 weeks, I've been chasing a creak that I think I've finally narrowed down to the bottom bracket. So I have a bbinfinite on order, hopefully that makes it go quiet again.
2017 Cervélo S3
2016 Santa Cruz Stigmata

53x12

by 53x12

I have had a few rides on friends SL2 and SL3. Wasn't that impressed with either, but would have rather have the SL2 I think. Anyway, not that impressed with the Tarmac from my limited experience. I know there are other riders that love theirs. They don't seem to hold the pros back at all.

Getting a frame size and geometry that works for you can do wonders as you have experienced.

I love my S3. I think part of it is I like the geometry as well but it is actually a very comfortable frame for me. To be honest, blinded with same setups I couldn't tell a difference between the S3 and a R series or even my Look 585 (one of the most comfortable frames I have ever been on). I love the S3. Fast. Stiff. Comfortable. Light enough. I would buy it again. Definitely a frame worth keeping and enjoying.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

53x12 wrote:TP, my 54cm S3 (same frame as the S2 above) minus different frame color and slightly different fork came in at 1076g. So I'd assume the above S2 would come in similar +/-. My fork was 380g uncut iirc.

Cheers for the info mate.

Giving the S2 a long, hard look. Just need to also get the right Rotor BB adapters to run 3D24 cranks...

53x12

by 53x12

If the geometry works for you, I would jump on a S2/S3. Lot of frame for the money.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Just a quick tip for what its worth. When doing a build on these bikes, make sure you cut seat post to right length (10 cm of insertion max) and chamfer a 45 deg angle at rear of cut. I just diagnosed a mystery creak in a brand new s2 that the lbs couldn't find. Bottom of seat post was digging a hole in the seat tube at the point of curvature around the wheel. That's why cervelo instructions talk about max insertion and chamfered corner.

53x12

by 53x12

^ More for riders with short legs or those in between sizes and went with the larger size? I haven't had that issue.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Unless the seat post slips.........

Metro50

by Metro50

Good day to you.
I know this is a very old post, but I was wondering if you can give your point of view
on the frame size (54cm).

I have the exact same one and year (2014)
6ft tall longer torso (using 110mm stem)
32" leg seam

I've been riding this for 2 years now and although I bought it for handling advantages
I feel it looks and perhaps also feels a tad small.

I've been reading many forums of people riding this with same statures
and just trying to get as much feedback to see if I should really upgrade to a 56cm.

Any thoughts?

If so, can you reply back at my registered e-mail address here directly at

I normally do not check this forum.
-removed-

Cheers.

Kevin
Last edited by Frankie - B on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: posting in a forum, asking for help. Then asking to send you an email...

Metro50

by Metro50

This is the seat and handlebar height to give you some insight
on frame sizing.

Please see link>>>

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q412 ... kbkxk9.jpg