6.5 kg Black-on-Black CAAD10 - Done: 03/19/2015

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@loctopus: rear derailleur cable is not too long. It's SRAM. The angle that the housing has to enter at the rear derailleur pretty much requires a larger "loop" than Campy or Shimano. Look closely where your rear derailleur housing is entering the rear derailleur. Even at that length it's almost "kinked" upon entry so if anything it's still a tad short. The key to good mechanical shifting is smooth cable runs with as little friction as possible. Also, I'd put a chain on before finalizing things and run it up and down the cogs in both big and small rings to make sure it's optimal.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

locktopus

by locktopus

Yeah, I'm not going to trim the RD cable until I've got things sorted back there (after running a chain, etc). I don't have much extra length to play with.

I'll be picking up some tools tonight to fit the Red cassette and the chain and try and get it all dialled in.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, regarding length of that rear derailleur housing run, sometimes there just isn't enough to get a good line with a SRAM derailleur and you might have to cut your own length from bulk stock or leftover derailleur housing. I have a tt bike with SRAM on it. I got some DuraAce housing to run on it after a dismal experience with some Yokozuna cables (stiff and unwieldy and wouldn't even fit into the some of the cable stops). But the rear derailleur housing that came with the DuraAce kit wasn't even quite long enough to make a nice transition to the derailleur. So I use one of those Problem Solver pulleys that allowed me to run a short, almost straight line of housing back there and it shifts perfectly. I first used one of those pulleys on a touring bike where the rear paniers were always interfering and crushing the rear derailleur cable and since I was continually taking the paniers on and off the bike it was a pain in the ass till I went that route.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

locktopus

by locktopus

Done.
Should come in at 6.5 kg. :)
Going to get my fit checked and trim the fork.

(Ugh, such shit photos. I'll get better ones tomorrow as it will be a little nicer out.)

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Good solid build with a great weight

Miles253

by Miles253

Really nice build, good to see one in a big size looking great.
Specialized S-Works Venge Disc | 7.8kg
Rose Backroad | 9kg (Deceased R.I.P.)
Canyon Ultimate CF SL | 7.7kg

https://www.findyourroad.co.uk/
Instagram: @miles_bc

zensport

by zensport

Here are some quick pics of my very budget build CAAD 10. I took a bet that I couldn't build it entirely off of Craigslist, weigh 14# and spend 2k or less. It weighed in at 6259 (13.8) with different pedals and Zero Gravity brakes off of my Super Six. As it sits in the pics it's 14.4 or so.. Everything bought off of CL, and from a shop (who advertises on CL) that specializes in upper end lightly used parts. I didn't want to use your posting to go into detail on my ride, but even with the size difference building a weight weenie ride on a dime is possible. I have 1750.00 invested, and won the bet (800.00) that makes total monetary investment even less..