2014 Ridley Helium SL

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

primm907

by primm907

Liking the Assaults so far. They definitely spin up faster than my Boyd 58's, and they still seem to have some decent aero advantage. They're stable, and the braking is quite impressive compared to what I've experienced with carbon clinchers previously. For the money, they're hard to beat for a good combination of weight and aero. Obviously, deeper always looks sexier, but these are a nice compromise. I actually just ordered a new 11-speed hub for my Boyds so I can run them some on the Ridley and maybe get a better feel for differences with the Assaults.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thegunner

by thegunner

deeper != sexier always, it's a climbing bike, the assaults look right at home :)

cl9k24la

by cl9k24la

Dude...need a better pic!!! This is WW. Drive side, big ring, small cog and crank arms set at 3 o'clock....

Krull

by Krull

ultimobici wrote:Looks like you could have gone up a size. Stem looks flipped from the pic.

+1.

apart from this very nice bike. frame looks like a cervelo r5.

bottle cages are a bit to bulky for my taste.

btw:as said, its a climbing bike! in this case, deeper is not sexier at all! i think, something like 25 mm would even look better. ;-)

paradawt

by paradawt

In older models some guys tell me they have some side torsion...

Do you thing they're better now?
Berria Belador 7

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

Wheelhead wrote:I had the same problem with the seat post slipping on my Helium SL. I tried several different clamps and posts and it still slipped. Finally I saw pictures Lotto team bikes using double clamps. They use a 27.2 clamp around the post to keep things from slipping. Hope that makes sense...

Yeah we do and it works like a dream. Then when you want to remove your steat post you only remove the bottom clamp, leave the top one. Then when putting it back you just slip it back in and the fixed clamp will your correct height.

dj97223

by dj97223

The return of Zakeen. Excellent! Getting any miles in these days? :lol:
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

Yeah. Did a good day today. But I think tomorrow will be a hard day. On tomorrows group ride they want us to lead the way..... I don't even know this region I'm in. So I think I am going to get lost and take then over some climbs..... Which is what no one wants to do tomorrow. If keen our group leaves at 1pm somewhere in France. :)

I will take a photo of my bike with this extra clamp so it doesn't look like I'm hijacking this thread.

thegunner

by thegunner

ha i doubt anyone minds you hijacking their thread :p

ultyguy

by ultyguy

article on a certain ww's bike on bikeradar a few months ago..
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/arti ... -sl-40445/

Closer upper pic from Wellen's ride

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Hey, I'm having the same problem too. Does anyone know where to get a second clamp with an ID of 27.2mm?

The only ones I can find are the 2 in 1 clamps, as per the picture below.

Screenshot_20220126-114859_Chrome.jpg
TIA
Kurt

Guevarca

by Guevarca

Kurt1980 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:02 am
Hey, I'm having the same problem too. Does anyone know where to get a second clamp with an ID of 27.2mm?

TIA
Kurt
I used one of these BBB clamps on the seatpost as a secondary clamp/marker if that is what you are after.
www.bbbcycling.com/uk_en/bsp-97-postfix

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Guevarca wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:49 am
Kurt1980 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:02 am

TIA
Kurt
I used one of these BBB clamps on the seatpost as a secondary clamp/marker if that is what you are after.
www.bbbcycling.com/uk_en/bsp-97-postfix
That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks!