2019 Time Alpe D'Huez 01 disc 6.7kg (14.75lbs)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

JCrider

by JCrider

Hey guys,

Finished the build 2 months ago and put on some solid 1500km. Goal was to build a light but functinal and comfortable bike that can handle 6+ hrs a day, multi day endurance events and not just a 40km quick rides.

Frame: 2019 AdH 01 disc size XS 53TT without AKTIV fork
Wheels: Bike Ahead biTurbo road 12mm (1280g)
Tires: GP5000 25mm with 70g conti race light tubes
Groupset Complete 9170 di2 hydro disc, 11x30 cassette, 160 F, 140R DA ST900 rotors
Crankset DA 9100 50x34 170mm 4iiii dual side power meter
BB: Kogel ceramic BB386
Chain: KMC X11EL gold
Bar: Time Ergodrive 44 (42 c2c)
Stem: Time 100mm
Seatpost: Time AdH 01 specific
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR carbonio flow 130g
Pedals: Time XPRO 15
Bar Tape: CarbonSports Lightweight
Garmin out front mount
K-edge chain catcher
Bootle Cages: Time 16g each
Skewers: 12mm DT Swiss
Shimano R600 Climbers shifter w/cable
RS910 handlebar junction box and EW-WUU111 blutooth connection and 2 extra wires

6.7kg includes all of the above with pedals.
Attachments
IMG_0353.jpg
IMG_0285.jpg
IMG_3648.JPG
IMG_3603.JPG
IMG_3519.JPG
Last edited by JCrider on Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

LewisK

by LewisK

It’s a stunning frame and in terms of the geometry, it looks good how you’ve got it set up. However the wheels are a big No No for me!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sychen

by sychen

That's a nice build... How does that wheelset ride?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kgt

by kgt

I agree that the wheels are too much for his frame but it looks sexy!
Last edited by kgt on Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Very nice!

How tall are you and what is your inseam measure? I’m asking because it looks nicely dialed in and it would be interesting to know your numbers. I have an AdH small and guess that I’m a bit between sizes (171cm and 82cm inseam, slammed stem but more seatpost showing than you seem to have). Thanks mate!

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Probably a dumb question - are those wheels race-legal?

reedplayer

by reedplayer

hot!

JCrider

by JCrider

sychen wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:04 am
That's a nice build... How does that wheelset ride?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Wheels ride great. Solid, stiff and very aero due to spoke design. They were not terrible in cross winds and way better than my LW mielsteins on my other bike. They become cheat wheels once speeds are above 32kmph solo. It feels so much easier to pedal when in another rider's slip stream at those speeds or higher vs other wheels. Accelaration seems a tiny bit slower than LWs most likely because they are 100g heavier.

jbaillie wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:14 pm
Probably a dumb question - are those wheels race-legal?
I don't think they are UCI legal to race with but I would not race this bike or wheels in a crit race anyway. I used them on 3 day Haute Route in San Fran & Mt. Ventoux where they don't abide by UCI. Will be using them in gran fondos, group and solo rides as primary bike.

JKolmo wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:11 pm
Very nice!

How tall are you and what is your inseam measure? I’m asking because it looks nicely dialed in and it would be interesting to know your numbers. I have an AdH small and guess that I’m a bit between sizes (171cm and 82cm inseam, slammed stem but more seatpost showing than you seem to have). Thanks mate!
Thanks.
I am 174cm tall but I like my frames on the smaller side. My saddle height is 66.5cm from center of cranks to center of saddle rails. Inseam 78cm using a book shoved up to crotch and feet 20cm apart.

I have an 2009 RXR in XS 53.5TT and 2012 NXR in S 54cmTT. I like the RXR fit better than NXR and also big thanks to KGT here who recommended that I should go with XS with 53cm on the AdH. Time used to measure virtual TT from center of seatpost in older models but seems like now they measure from front of the post to center of fork. I've been running a 172.5 cranks for 20 years but decided to switch to 170 and like them better because of my spinner style and that lowered by saddle a bit lower on this bike.

eric01

by eric01

Those wheels are hot. Makes me almost want to switch to disk just for those wheel!
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Nice build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

JCrider

by JCrider

I got a PM but can't answer yet. Says I need to post more...

Anyway.
Someone wanted to know what bike box I use for travel:

I got a 7 year old Polaris bikepod pro which is a hardshell and a bit heavy compared to newer stuff out now. So far used it 3 times to France with a stop in another city every single time and once to San Francisco. No issues so far. Only negative thing is that it was not desgined for disc brakes. I had little trouble last 2 trips 2 months ago. In order to fit the frame without risking damage had to remove the crankset each time. The rotors were pressing against the top & down tubes. The other option was to remove the rotors but could not find the correct tool before leaving. Shimano Cassette tool fits but needs to be longer.
Here is a link for best 2019 boxes
https://www.bikeradar.com/advice/buyers ... bike-bags/

The other question was about the wheels.:
THey are stiff, light and aero. I think the lightest disc brake clincher wheels out there unless you go custom. Excellent wheels. These guys make mountain bike wheels with similar design. Only negative experience is that it is very hard to mount regular tires on it. THe conti5000 were hard and would say impossible with fingers alone and need a tire lever. Michelin competitions were harder and aborted install on those. Didn't want to damage the rims bead. I punctured few conti race light tubes and spent few hours one night. Finally had to use some grease with a tire level at final section to mount them. They are that tight! (now carry some grease in a small plastic ziploc bag in my saddle bad) They are designed for tubeless tires. Reached out to manufacturer and they told me that because they are handmade the wheels can somewhat vary. Maybe I'll go tubeless setup soon with tire sealant which Stans and Scwalbe stuff are safe to use as per manufacturer.

elsw

by elsw

Nice build - I'm in the market for one at th moment. Any idea what the tyre clearance is like on these? I can't seem to find any info online.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com