'13/'16 Supersix Evo Black-Inc (5.42kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bencolem

by bencolem

You've nailed it. Chapeau.

I have those same skewers on 3 of my bikes, never had any problems, love them (one set is on a set of r-sys slr's like yours too).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Needs 2 cages and full bar tape!
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

anquetil

by anquetil

Berk seatpost combo would be perferct and shave another 200 g ;)

by 573

Yeah there are lots of places I could swap things and still make big weight loss. As it is though, it's rock solid and super dependable. I've had enough of bare carbon saddles etc.

racersir

by racersir

Awesome looking EVo

crouchingpig

by crouchingpig

I love your bike. Could you tell me the ti bolts you'd bought and where from?

by 573

Thanks. Ti bolts were just purchased from eBay. I've used various sellers, but now only buy from ones based in the UK that state the grade of Ti they sell. I had a cheap Ti bolt from a Taiwanese seller snap at way less then the expected torque. When snapped it was easy to see that the structure of the metal wasn't dense at all. It looked like it was a cast part with air bubbles!

ricey155

by ricey155

What a great build :-) great pics and info a real job well done #Inspring #ReleaseTheWalletRuss

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

wheelzqc

by wheelzqc

bencolem wrote:You've nailed it. Chapeau.

I have those same skewers on 3 of my bikes, never had any problems, love them (one set is on a set of r-sys slr's like yours too).

Maybe I missed it, but what are they ?

McGilli

by McGilli

OP - just wanted to say it looks like you have great patience :) Well done - over time bringing the weight down like that....

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

That is one beautiful machine you've put together, congratulations and happy riding!
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

damn that thing looks sharp!!!

AZR3

by AZR3

My favorite SuperSix paint scheme, love it! Great build!

Pottsy

by Pottsy

Pretty sweet. just needs a tidy up of the cables. Remove the adjusters, shorten the lengths & then your done.

by 573

The PF30 Bottom Bracket supplied by Cannondale as part of the Hollowgram kit collapsed during the London-Surrey 100. I literally ground to a halt at 55miles and had to get the broom wagon off the circuit. I think the design of the Cannondale unit is flawed. Although it's very lightweight with its separate press-in cups, the design allows the cups to be misaligned when installed which puts the axle and bearings under huge strain. So, I decided to try a unit with the bearings already installed into cups and one that when installed, the 2 parts press together which will ensure alignment. The finished install also has to increase stiffness as there's essentially an extra tube formed that the axle runs through. Obvious downside is weight. I weighed the parts but forgot the numbers and didn't make a note. It's about an extra 50g overall though.

It pressed in really easily with hardly any pressure. I put the new SiSL2 axle in the freezer before installing it and it slid in through both bearings, showing how well both cups were aligned.

So far, I'd recommend this WheelsMfg BB if you have PF30. It seems a huge improvement.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com