Which Trek Madone to get?

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Which one would you choose?

Option 1: Trek Madone 7 Vapor Coat, Lime Green - $7916.98
38%
Option 2: Trek Madone 7 Stock Color, Matte Starry Night Black/Cyan/Yellow - $7076.97
56%
Option 3: Trek Madone 6 Stock Color, Trek White/Bright Silver/Cyan - $6845.96
6%

Total votes: 32

rijndael

by rijndael

[also posted in the Pro thread...]
There's an Emonda SLR listed in the UCI approval list:
http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getOb ... E&LangId=1

MNX1024

by MNX1024

The Emonda SLR turns out be more and more interesting. I may actually delay my new bike purchase, depending on how it may compares to the Madone.

Anyone got more news about it that they're willing, and of course able, to share?

On a side note, I'm think I'm leaning more towards the Lime Green. Kind of surprised that more is choosing the stock color.

de lars cuevas wrote:they do also have a stock color with some lime green in it... :D

Yeah, but the whole color layout is not to my liking, sadly.

fromtrektocolnago wrote:I'd throw in another option. I would buy the frame and then go all Shimano components including Dura Ace Wheels. The Bontrager brakes are reportedly not as good as Shimano which is the acknowledged leader in braking performance.

Thought of that before, but in the end it actually would cost me more. I'm actually opting for the Ultegra brakes. Would've preferred Dura Ace for the lighter weight, but not possible with Project One. Anyway, I am going with full Ultegra Di2 anyway, so yeah, all Shimano component. As for wheels, still finalizing the build, but it will be full custom. If only the Alchemy Orc-UL didn't have problems, it would've made my life a heck lot easier.......

asdf123 wrote:I advice you to not get fixed on a particular color cause you can always repaint it at a professional shop usually for much less money.

Yeah, I can, but not too keen on losing warranty on a high end frame that isn't exactly cheap to replace.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Here's BikeRadar's take

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/news/a ... hin-41301/

Looks nice. A combination of the Domane and Madone, geared toward the lightweight, it seems. Perfect for climbing.

I was planning on getting a new bike next year, and may hold off to see the specs on the Emonda, before pulling the trigger.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Damn, that's a nice looking bike! What I do like about it that it's (possibly) lighter and the rear brake is at the traditional location. Makes maintenance a lot easier for me since my work stand supports the bike by the bottom bracket. The bad part is the lost of KVF :( .

Cronulla

by Cronulla

And they get rid of the link connected to Armstrong with the name "Madone" :-)

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

What I do love is the fact that they kept the direct-mount brakes. I've got a feeling the next Domane revision will switch to these.

BTW, I'm predicting the next Trek road bike will be the Amedona or Ademona.

No, they're not erasing Madone. They've been using anagrams of Madone for their road bikes. Madone, Domane, Emonda. Notice a pattern? Nothing to do with Lance.

spartan

by spartan

i hear the goal of the new frameset is match weight/stiffness of the cervelo rca...

check out the lighter seatmast

Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

Quinn039

by Quinn039

Option two is the clear choice. Especially for only 200ish more than that awful third paint scheme. The lime green just looks tacky and is overdone/trying too hard.

Ozrider

by Ozrider

It will be interesting to see if there is also a new or updated Madone making an appearance this year, or if they will wait for till next year.
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

No, I don't think there'll be an update for the Madone, other than cosmetic changes. I think the bike more likely to get some updates is the Domane. They may shorten the chainstays a little, and I think they'll move to the direct-mount brakes, front and rear. I also wouldn't doubt that they eliminate the fender mounts for the 5 and 6 series bikes, but I don't think they'll bring out a 7-series, especially if they're adding a new model to the US manufacturing plant (which may mean that the 6-series Madone may make the move to Taiwan, where they already make all the 600 series Domane and Speed Concept frames).

MNX1024

by MNX1024

FIJIGabe wrote:No, I don't think there'll be an update for the Madone, other than cosmetic changes. I think the bike more likely to get some updates is the Domane. They may shorten the chainstays a little, and I think they'll move to the direct-mount brakes, front and rear. I also wouldn't doubt that they eliminate the fender mounts for the 5 and 6 series bikes, but I don't think they'll bring out a 7-series, especially if they're adding a new model to the US manufacturing plant (which may mean that the 6-series Madone may make the move to Taiwan, where they already make all the 600 series Domane and Speed Concept frames).

That's actually a very good prediction! I wouldn't be surprised that's going to happen.

On a side note, I'll probably stick with my Madone 7 order. If I wait for this, I may not be able to enjoy a new bike this season. Another reason is, I would like to get an aero frame too, would have been nice if they kept the KVF. Though, I really like how they brought the brake back up to the traditional position.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

They're not getting rid of the Madone (as far as I know). KVF works great for aero frames, but the new bike isn't aimed at the "aero" crowd, rather the weight weenie crowd (us!). This new bike is BEGGING for a P1 Vapor Coat finish (U5, the lightest they make)!

MNX1024

by MNX1024

FIJIGabe wrote:They're not getting rid of the Madone (as far as I know). KVF works great for aero frames, but the new bike isn't aimed at the "aero" crowd, rather the weight weenie crowd (us!). This new bike is BEGGING for a P1 Vapor Coat finish (U5, the lightest they make)!

I know what you mean, this is really what I would like to get. Guess you can't have the cake and eat it too, :(. Thinking about it logically, if it truly is going to compete with an Rca, doubt it's going to be in a price that I can or willing to afford. At the same time, I want a bike now! :mrgreen:

DartanianX

by DartanianX

The way I see it is they'll go for something like this;

Madone: Will be redesigned to be a (more) aero frame (Aero is king)

Domane: Classics (Ride quality, comfort and endurance geometry (for the market place anyway) is key)

Emonda: Climbing bike for when the UCI relax the minimum weight ruling (Stiffness/Weight is key)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com