Help me finish my cockpit Colnago CLX

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mjduct

by mjduct

So I got al excited when I got an email from excel sports advertising their close out Colnago CLX frames, so I have a red one inbound:

I'm going to build it up with either chorus or record depending on what kind of deals I can swing. And I already have a set of 38mm carbon clinchers that will go on it.

But I'm having trouble with my choice in stem, bars, and grip tape. All the full builds of this bike have white tape which I'm not going to do for practical reasons. I want to stick with an "Italian" theme, I've looked at deda and they have some white/red parts that I thinking would work in their 35mm line, but I don't really need the stiffness of those and I'm afraid the size will look terrible...

What are your thoughts on kit, colors, brands etc... To finish off this build.

Not looking I to spend a ton of money, and I prefer a compact drop, this isn't my weight weenie bike, so I'm not too concerned about the absolute lightest stuff.

Thanks ahead of time! Double thanks for pictures!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Black bartape, black hudz (please) and then take the red series from deda 35, would look good.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mjduct

by mjduct

Sorry for putting this in he wrong forum!

And thanks for The move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trilocus

by trilocus

deda 35 white stem and handlebar, perfect match

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Stem: Deda Zero 100 Performance:
or

Bars: Deda Zero 100:

Black saddle of your choice, black bar tape, black hoods, black cabling.

The frame has plenty of color with red and white. Not a fan of Deda's 35 line. Keep everything as black as you can otherwise it'll start looking really busy. I'd even consider dumping that red matching seatpost and going all black with that too.

Of course, if your preference is different, then ignore everything I've just said as there's no accounting for taste. It's your bike.

Enjoy.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

mjduct

by mjduct

Ha

I love the "do this, do that, eh it's your bike so do whatever you want" approach

thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vagabond

by Vagabond

Nice frame. I'm looking forward to the final build. Deda would look great as well as 3T. I'm a big fan of 3T bars. As for bar tape I say get what you want and don't worry about matching the saddle. But I'm very old school classic with saddle and tape. Black and white respectively. It was good enough for the most stylish riders ever in our sport. Good enough for me. One of these days I'll post some photos of my two C-59s. :beerchug:
Colnago e Campagnolo

jhamlin38

by jhamlin38

If you want sexy, go with Deda, if you want comfort, and not worried about stiffness, go with Easton.
black hoods only. white tape.
I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the white italianish version. but pissed reds are gone.

mktng

by mktng

Needs a cinelli ram all up in there. In white.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

mjduct

by mjduct

mktng wrote:Needs a cinelli ram all up in there. In white.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I looked, but I can't justify spending as much on the bar/stem as the frame =]

also I don't know if this would fit with the rest of the bike:

mjduct

by mjduct

jhamlin38 wrote:I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the white italianish version. but pissed reds are gone.

Yeah, I've been looking at building up another red bike, but the Blue was gorgeous, but they were all out when I looked so I went with red.

I've got 3T Ergonova Pro and a Campagnolo Chorus group inbound, I'm going to build it up with a 110mm 3T pro stem I've got lying around and then probably buy another stem to dial the fit in.

Not my most weight weenie bike, this one will be more of my backup/ charity ride bike. but I can't afford 2 of the anorexic money vampires!!!

sastre

by sastre

rule of thumb I go by is stick to three colours only and white saddles look cool but don't stay clean for long :smartass: :beerchug:
Full steam we go against the odds
Headfirst we go against the grain
Against the odds, against the grain
We go against the odds, against the grain

kgt

by kgt

+1 Deda, 3T, Cinelli... all will look good. Black parts maybe better than white.

lannes

by lannes

3t team range, with the red accent line

http://fstatic1.rennrad-news.de/img/pho ... MG2290.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com