My 2013 S-Works Venge

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rijndael

by rijndael

I agree about power trumping most other things.

FWIW: Power2Max has a Campy PM for $2K.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Why not just get an S-Works crankset with a Quarq?

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Still because of funds.

The Campy is leaving any way. Back to SRAM.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Some more recent photos. I've added 40cm Zipp SL-70 aero bars and swapped the stem to a -17 SCSL. Also just picked up a set of FLO 30s to play with.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

-17 stem looks awesome. last pic is really good. just enough accents on the wheels and the cranks and stuff. Way better than those 'blacked out 'stealth'' builds going on.

fullrig1795

by fullrig1795

How did you like the campy on it. Have the same setup including the quarq and am considering swapping to record. Was the shifting up front ok?

Imaking20

by Imaking20

@nathanong - thanks man! I think the bike is plenty dark - got to have some contrast! The -12 stem I had before was alright but not low enough. For a long while I just couldn't live with the looks of the -17. The new build from professorchaos changed my mind on that. I'm really pleased with the new position.

@fullrig - I hated the Campy. The drivetrain was much noisier than this setup, the cassette made a ridiculous amount of noise, shifting required a lot more force, and the front shifting was a waste. These rings definitely don't work well with Campy front shifting due to their wider spacing. I had a pair of Praxis rings sitting at home for that very reason but did't like the Campy enough to ever make the switch. Ran the Super Record for about a week and sold it. Then returned the Praxis.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

How are you getting on with the Flo 30s?

Imaking20

by Imaking20

They roll. I'd been running by 404s exclusively for awhile so going straight from those to the FLOs don't give them the best opportunity to shine. I've got one 5 hour day on the wheels and several 1 hr interval days but don't feel like I've got enough to really form a standout opinion about them so far. The fact that I don't really feel like I've given up much coming off the Zipps to the FLOs should be a testament in itself I suppose.

I'm still trying to settle on tires and pressure. I'm optimistic about the wheels even if that optimism was a bit dented when I noticed the braking surface losing color after one ride. I haven't been uploading anything to Strava for awhile so I can't say if they've proven faster than any of my other setups.

Darceking

by Darceking

Are the flo 30 good enough for an everyday training wheel? I currently have zipp 101 and have destroyed 2 hubs on them. So looking at an alternative.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be. That's my intent with the wheels. I'll go back and forth between these and my 404 tubs all year.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I wonder how stiff this frame is compared to the Tarmac?