ENVE stem / seatpost logo removed - result!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Lig

by Lig

Evening all,

Removed the ENVE logo on my stem and seatpost for a more 'custom' look and really happy with the results... Started with 400 grit paper then 800, then 1200 then 1500 then rubbing compound then UV protection car wax polish.... I think it matches the frame tubes really well (but then i guess it should as these are also ENVE)! ?!?!?

Cheers,
Lig.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LittleSprinter

by LittleSprinter

I've got a question about your derailleur setup. Are you using a 10sp cassette, do the shifters work well with the rear derailleur or have you moded the shifters to accept 11 speeds?
Last edited by LittleSprinter on Mon May 19, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lig

by Lig

Hi LS,

Yeah I am running a 10 speed cassette, 10 speed shifters, 10 speed chain, 11 speed rear mech - it works perfectly, but then its the shifters that are doing the work.

Cheers,
Lig.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Stunning bike. Looks good without the ENVE logos.

LittleSprinter, those ERGOs are clearly 10 speed.

KB

by KB

IMO looks better without the Enve logos. Well done; would also de-sticker the wheels. Very nice bike.

Lig

by Lig

Hi chaps and thanks...

I think you have a point there KB, I have 'blacked out' the LW logos before and i think your right I will ponder and maybe get onto it tomorrow.......

JMT - yeah - I just quite like having them totally 'unbranded' I would also then have to clear coat them as i dont like bare decals, they just look tatty quick - but i like your thinking....

Cheers,
Lig.

mitchy

by mitchy

keep going! wheels, crank and fork. ;)

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Nice work, it looks good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

Lig

by Lig

Wheels done - Better?!?!

New cranks on order (have been for 18 months :D ) expected very soon!! Yes decal on forks might come off....

Cheers,
Lig

mattyNor

by mattyNor

How did you get the decals off? I've been contemplating removing mine but they idea of sanding it makes me queasy....

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

michel2

by michel2

[quote="Lig"]Hi LS,

Yeah I am running a 10 speed cassette, 10 speed shifters, 10 speed chain, 11 speed rear mech - it works perfectly, but then its the shifters that are doing the work.

Thats strange tho, 11 speed uses a different pull ratio then 10, the derailler should not be 'perfect' with those shifters ?

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

I did the same with the same with my set of ltd 3t bars looks good

crimsonbadger

by crimsonbadger

Did you use a black permanent marker on the wheels?

KB

by KB

Looking Fabber by each post 8)

Lig

by Lig

Hi all,

MattyNor / Crimsonbadger - The stem and seatpost sanded - The LW logos on the wheels are just blacked out with a permanent marker, you can then easily rub this off with thinners if you need to go back to white. It would be easy to remove these just with some very fine sand paper or rubbing compound, but I am reluctant to do this as they are under warranty and although I have had great customer service in the past from LW, I am sure they could say removing the decals invalidates the warranty.....

Michel2 - I have had this set up for a couple of years now and like i say it works perfectly - I don't really understand what you mean as its the levers that are dictating the pull ratio isn't it (could be opening up a can of worms here)?? The mech just moves freely?

KB - 'Fabber' :lol:

Cheers,
Lig.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com