BMC SLR02 - Custom build Di2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

GorrGrimWolf

by GorrGrimWolf

Thanks everyone for a really nice comments. The bike is little bit porky at the moment - weight is 8,0KG with Shimano RS11 training wheels. I have never truly been a weight weenie, but I would like to get closer to the 7,0KG with Corimas. Right now I believe that current weight with Corimas is around 7,5KG with pedals. So still a half a kilogram to go :|

Short term changes
  • Shorter stem: 3T ARXII Team -17° 120mm | Diff: 25 grams
  • Handlebar Tape: Deda Black | Diff: 30 grams
  • Seatpost and fork: To be cut | Diff: 20 grams

Long term changes
  • Cassette: Dura-Ace CS-9000 11-25 | Diff: 50 grams
  • Crankset: Dura-Ace FC-9000 53/39 172.5mm | Diff: 280 grams
  • Tubulars: Veloflex Criterium | Diff: 60 grams

Therefore the bike weight should be just around 7KG with Garmin computer + mount and pedals. Also I would lose a powermeter, which I don't really like, but hopefully I will be able to purchase Stages Dura-Ace 9000, but have no idea if they sell complete cranksets in Europe.

Do you think there is a place on the bike, where I could lose more weight for a reasonable price? Dont wanna change the breaks, since they work fabulously. Maybe there is a chance to shave some weight on seatpost - I haven't weight mine, but I guess its not particularly lightweight and clamping system is PITA.

plasticol wrote:The only criticism I would have to your nice setting would be in the wheels. I love Corimas, but the "metal" look in the spokes seams a bit old school. Also the gum side walls are detracting form the overall theme, IMHO they would look much better with all black tires.

If I'm honest I really love the silver spokes and hubs on Corimas or any other wheels in that matter. I don't really like the stealth bikes/wheels. I used love my Zipps because of silver hubs/spokes and big, white decals.

The gum walls on Veloflexes is something that I wanted to have for a long, long time. Maybe lighter color, like the one on FMB, would be looking better. Maybe I will try them once the Veloflexes will wear out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thencameyou

by thencameyou

great looking bike. if the saddle is negotiable, i suspect up to 100g saveable there...

dzcpiotr

by dzcpiotr

Great looking bike. Love the details. I also own bmc slr02 but with mechanical ultegra. I think the di2 option looks classy with this frame. I have a question, could you give my some details about the installation of the electronic groupset to this frame? What about the cable routing, junction box, battery mounting and cable lenght?