2014 Specialized Allez - Di2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mdusink

by mdusink

Great bike. Looks awesome. Care to elaborate on you comparison with the s-works (since there is a gap of - ow, I don't know - 2200 euro's? ;))

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alfredox5

by alfredox5

It was mainly in the bottom bracket area. A guy as heavy as me at 80 kilos, I could definitely feel the difference of the stiffness of my Tarmac versus the Allez. Specially when I try to hang on with the younger guys at 56kph.

But overall, for the price of the Allez, I think it's definitely an awesome race bike. :)

alfredox5

by alfredox5

mannymerc - I've always been a fan of Specialized just because of the local shop that I deal with. I have an awesome relationship with them that it's hard for me to go to a different brand. Cannondale just doesn't do it for me for some reason. Just my 2 cents.

mannymerc

by mannymerc

Good to know, so it is stiff as the tarmac or not as stiff on the bb? Im 70 kilos and produce fair amount of power, thats the reason why I ask.

Ordinaybikes
Shop Owner

by Ordinaybikes

Would you mind taking some close up pics of where the wire enters the frame and exits? I'm really considering buying this frame and doing a similar mod. What did you do with the external cable stops/adjusters? Thanks!

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Good looking bike. I raced against someone on this color scheme Allez a few weeks ago. It's a pretty looking bike. Having ridden both a S-Works Tarmac myself I agree with your ride comparison. These Smartweld Allez are fantastic bikes, and great bargains. No surprise I have one myself for a bad weather/crit bike. I've ridden it more than any other bike I own this year. It is great. It seems like about the only difference is the weight.

bfno

by bfno

Sweet bike! Spesh don't do a bad job with the aluminum
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

eigner

by eigner

alfredox5 wrote:Finally got her built up. Not a weight weenie but I like how it rides. Very comparable to my S-Works Tarmac. This will mainly be my crit bike. Weighs 17.11 with my Garmin.

Wow! What an amazing color combination. And great components!!
Really don't want to repeat what others have said, but that stem and seatpost needs to go. Either blacked out or swapped for blacked enve parts. Then it would be a 11/10 on the awesomeness scale ;)

:beerchug:
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13