Specialized S-Works Venge 2014 - for Junior Racing

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

m2a345

by m2a345

:welcome: Spent most of my time on a Roubaix, which have used for long distance riding including Land's End to John O'Groats for charity, but now as I've become frequently involved in criteriums and road races as a 3rd cat junior road racer, I thought it was time to invest in a stiff race-orientated bike. Total cost of this build excluding the wheels was £2750 which I managed to secure in France at a Specialized Concept Store and was remarkably happy with the speedy build and service provided. Hope to be continuing race success on this machine! I know that it's not as light as quite a lot of the bikes on this site but I personally think it looks quite good - said to be similar to the Mclaren f1 colour scheme. I welcome people to criticisms / improvements as well.

Frame: Specialized S-works Venge 2014 Size 58
Group: Shimano Ultegra 6800
Crankset: Ultegra
Bottom bracket: Ceramic Speed OSBB
Chainrings: S-works 52/39
Chain: Shimano Ultegra
Wheelset: Zipp 60 Carbon Wheelset
Tires: S-Works Turbo 24c
Inner tubes: Zipp latex tubes
Skewers: Zipp Aluminium Skewers
Stem: S-works SL 100mm
Handlebars: S-works Aerofly 42cm
Tape: Specialized Roubaix Pro tape
Saddle: Specialized Romin Evo Pro
Bottlecages: S-works Carbon Rib cage (Not shown)
Computer: Garmin Edge 800
Pedals: Shimano 105 Carbon Pedals

Venge S-Works.jpg

Total weight (excl. garmin): 7.09kg.

-------

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cmdr199212

by cmdr199212

Great price! You must be quite tall.. How is the juniors racing going?!

m2a345

by m2a345

Yeah it was a good price considering the specs - they even let me have the carbon bars for the same price as the aluminium bars as they were unavailable! I haven't managed to use it in a race yet as lots of my local races have been cancelled due to a death caused by a crash during a race. I hope to be using it in the summer after all of my exams though! It certainly feels fast when I've tried it out on the smooth French roads and the difference between the Venge and the Roubaix is outstanding.

Zoro

by Zoro

Any updates? We have a frameset on order. I'm trying to hit 6kg (just a goal) and hope to have it built mid-Jan 2015 - if the frame arrives in time.