Lynskey Sportive Disc with 6870 Di2 & hydraulic discs

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

haliaetos

by haliaetos

Not sure if these images will work, but here goes...

Frame: Lynskey Sportive Di2c in ML, Industrial Mill finish
Forks: Lynskey Endurance
Bars: Thomson Carbon
Stem: a loan from the LBS while fit is finalised - will eventually be a Thomson X2
Headset: Chris King sotto voce
Bar Tape: Specialized Bar Phat

Brake Levers / Shifters: Shimano Di2 ST-R785
Calipers: Shimano BR-R785

Front Mech: Shimano Ultegra Di2 6870
Rear Mech: Shimano Ultegra Di2 6870

Seat: Selle Italia SLR Superflow 145
Seat Post: Fizik Cyrano Carbon
Seat Post Clamp: Lynskey

Cranks: Shimano Ultegra 6800 170mm
Chainring(s): Shimano Ultegra 6800 50-34
Chain: Shimano Ultegra 6800
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 6800 11-28
Pedals: Look Keo Carbon Blade Ti
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Ultegra 6800

Wheels: Shimano WH-RX31 with 160mm Shimano RT99 rotors
Tubes: Specialized
Tyres: Schwalbe Ultremo ZX 25c

Accessories: King Cage Iris cages, Garmin 810 on a Barfly 2.0 mount.

Weight: 9.3kg inc cages, Garmin mount and uncut steerer.

The pictures and list of parts above mask an epic tale of woe, stress and hassle that would doubtless bore anyone else to tears and definitely qualifies as a first world problem so I won't tell it all. Long story short - I was going off on a cycling holiday on 1st April and all was looking good for the bike being ready but then Lynskey pushed back delivery by a month so it wouldn't be ready until I returned. Also, the hydraulic Di2 levers are like hens teeth and it didn't look like I would get them any time soon. Thankfully the LBS pulled strings, called in favours and twisted arms and it was ready 36 hrs before my flight took off - yay!

I've done over 800 miles on it in the past three weeks and really like it. The brakes are amazing, as would be expected, and the electronic shifting is also great. I'm getting about a cm taken off the steerer in a few days but may get more taken off when I get used to the slightly more aggressive position (compared to my Roubaix), and I may need to do something about the seatpost.

As well as the stem that's still to arrive, I'm considering getting a pair of the DT Swiss Splines, or possibly even some Enve SES 3.4 discs on DT swiss hubs as summer wheels - they should drop about a lb from the overall weight, but they're not cheap! It's a shame there aren't more choices available with centrelock discs at the moment.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

haliaetos

by haliaetos

Oh, and obviously it's not a weenie build but if anyone has advice on how to reduce weight it would be gratefully received. :-)

Dammit

by Dammit

Very nice! I built a similar bike recently, but mine has mudguards and a rack- comes in at 10.1kg.

haliaetos

by haliaetos

Cheers! Yes, I followed your build (and Deev's) closely while waiting for mine to turn up, hoping that neither of you went down the same route as me - I wanted mine to be unique. :D I may well fit guards and a rack at some point too.