by jblande

just gorgeous.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HakeemT

by HakeemT

Great bike, but are you sure the saddle clamp is the right way up? Typically the bolt to tighten the clamp is at the bottom, whereas you've turned it 180 degrees. I believe with the way the two halves are shaped, the saddle rails are not supported as well as they should be?

pje0713

by pje0713

Wow good eye. I'll flip it as it looks like you're right on the proper orientation based on the enve website

Montana

by Montana

Great build! This is spot on! I am not a fan of the wheel stickers myself...

Enjoy :beerchug:

Montana

by Montana

pje0713

I must ask. How do you like the z-zero compared to your C59? I have a z5 and a c50 and they are two very different bikes... I am in the market for another toy and a new Colnago, Parlee or Crumpton are on my short list.

Thanks!

pje0713

by pje0713

Montana: I will have to get back to you. I have only been on one 35 mile ride on the Parlee. So far I love it, definitely stiff enough when I give efforts but the ride is very smooth.

To be able to compare to the C59 I need more time/miles, and I need to ride them back to back with the same wheels. I've only ridden the Parlee with the Boras, something I've never ridden on the C59. After I try both with the Lightweights back to back and after some more miles on the Parlee I'll get back to you.

I'm really enjoying the Parlee so far :)

As to your dilemma, it seems since you already have a Parlee and a Colnago, it may make sense to add a Crumpton. Or maybe that's just my opinion for selfish reasons, so I can get pics and a ride report...

Quinn039

by Quinn039

Wheee! Glad to see a Parlee that isn't just Black on Black on Black.

How do you find that saddle?

pje0713

by pje0713

The saddle is amazing. So light but so comfortable.

The only downside: it's not cheap and it isn't the most durable thing. My last one lasted a year before the edges in front of the saddle started to delaminate and finally it developed a little hairline crack where the saddle rails meet with the seat in the back of the seat.

I just haven't found a saddle that is as light and as comfortable. And I've tried a lot of saddles. For a saddle that's both super light and super comfortable I'm willing to replace it once every year or two.

CulBaire

by CulBaire

Beautiful build!

fa63

by fa63

+1, well done.

Quinn039

by Quinn039

pje0713 wrote:The saddle is amazing. So light but so comfortable.

The only downside: it's not cheap and it isn't the most durable thing. My last one lasted a year before the edges in front of the saddle started to delaminate and finally it developed a little hairline crack where the saddle rails meet with the seat in the back of the seat.

I just haven't found a saddle that is as light and as comfortable. And I've tried a lot of saddles. For a saddle that's both super light and super comfortable I'm willing to replace it once every year or two.

great, thats good to know.

Thank you!

Ride-Fly

by Ride-Fly

pje0713 wrote:Montana: I will have to get back to you. I have only been on one 35 mile ride on the Parlee. So far I love it, definitely stiff enough when I give efforts but the ride is very smooth.

To be able to compare to the C59 I need more time/miles, and I need to ride them back to back with the same wheels. I've only ridden the Parlee with the Boras, something I've never ridden on the C59. After I try both with the Lightweights back to back and after some more miles on the Parlee I'll get back to you.

I'm really enjoying the Parlee so far :)

As to your dilemma, it seems since you already have a Parlee and a Colnago, it may make sense to add a Crumpton. Or maybe that's just my opinion for selfish reasons, so I can get pics and a ride report...

Well!?!? It's been over 2weeks for you to get miles on the Z0- now git'er done with the ride report comparison!! :D

I've always wondered how the top tier bike from each of the best builders would do against each other. I'd especially like to see a comparison of a Z0, a Crumpton T5, Sarto Cima Coppi, a Fondriest TF0, a De Rosa Protos, and a C60. Your comparison would be a nice sliver of my dream bike testing spectrum.

pje0713

by pje0713

I need more miles to get better ride report comparison. Both are great bikes.

Initial impressions are that the z-zero can be distinguished from the c59 in two primary ways.

First, the Z-Zero is quite clearly a more supple ride. Look at the seatstays of the two bikes and it isn't a mystery why. The z-zero is very minimalist in the area, while the C59 seat stays are beefy. Riding Meilenstein clinchers on the Parlee feels totally fine but on the C59 they feel quite harsh. Meilensteins are quite harsh, so it isn't unsurprising that's how they feel on the C59, but it is amazing how "good" the Parlee can make such a stiff wheelset feel. Several hour rides on the Parlee over potholes with the Meilensteins is no problem, whereas with the C59 I might consider swapping my Enve hoops for a longer ride.

Second, the Z-Zero is lighter. Mine is about 200-250grams lighter in the frame alone, but I also have mechanical instead of EPS on the Parlee. Whether it's the frame or the overall weight of the bike, the effect is that it feels zippier. Obviously up hills this is something you notice, but you also notice it around the block. It feels easier to spin up on the bike and zip up hills. How much of this is "new toy" placebo effect is anyone's guess.

Other impressions: I do think the C59 handling is a little more stable, where the Z-Zero is a bit less. That probably stems from a slightly steeper headtube angle on the Z-Zero. The C59 feels just a bit more predictable. This may also be because I'm just used to it, though.