Corima Puma from 1991

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

schs

by schs

One of the early Corima Puma, the original owner told me that he bought it in 1991, shortly after these frame were introduced. The bike is completed with Corima 4 spokes carbon wheels, a Corima seat post and Campagnolo shifters and brakes. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do :D

More pictures here

Last edited by schs on Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dgasmd

by dgasmd

schs wrote:One of the early Corima Puma, the original owner told me that he bought it in 1991, shortly after these frame were introduced. The bike is completed with Corima 4 spokes carbon wheels, a Corima seat post and Campagnolo shifters and breaks. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do :D

Campagnolo never made "breaks". They have, however, made "brakes" :smartass: :smartass: :smartass: :welcome:
Love the bike. Lusted after one back in the day when they were around!! :beerchug:

schs

by schs

Campagnolo never made "breaks". They have, however, made "brakes" :smartass: :smartass: :smartass: :welcome:
Love the bike. Lusted after one back in the day when they were around!! :beerchug:

:)

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

dgasmd wrote:
Campagnolo never made "breaks".

You ever see the super record ti bb and spindles? Campy has a long history with "break." :D

Back on topic: it's amazing how many elements of the Corima are now common: deep headtube area, curved top tubes, etc.

seismic

by seismic

Awesome bike!! I love it. Please keep the wheels on as the fit is perfect. Also reminds me of the old Corima Fox tri bike they used to make.

Timo

by Timo

Superb, a childhood wannahave relived
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Krull

by Krull

the first "rounded-tubes"-bike i like. nice!

de zwarten

by de zwarten

Wow. You made me searching for one (of course I didn't find any this decent!)

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. Great find.

quattrings

by quattrings

Stunning bike. What do you use it for?

Corima build quality is superb.

ps: Do post more pictures :thumbup:

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

I think the Look KG296 gets the award for 'Bike Most Before Its Time', but the Corima was also ahead of its time. I remember the track version of this frame more than the road one.

crimsonbadger

by crimsonbadger

Very, very cool.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Great bike, keep it...

schs

by schs

seismic wrote:Awesome bike!! I love it. Please keep the wheels on as the fit is perfect. Also reminds me of the old Corima Fox tri bike they used to make.

Yes, Corima Fox was a cool bike as well. Comparable to the CAT Cheetah which was introduced around 1995.

quattrings wrote:Stunning bike. What do you use it for?

Corima build quality is superb.

ps: Do post more pictures :thumbup:

I do not really use it, it's one more in my little collection. Maybe I use it once or twice a year, perfect for a ride on a sunny day 8)
More pictures can be found here: http://vive-le-velo.blogspot.ch/2014/04 ... rente.html If you'd like to see certain details just let me know, I can make some more pictures.

Valbrona wrote:I think the Look KG296 gets the award for 'Bike Most Before Its Time', but the Corima was also ahead of its time. I remember the track version of this frame more than the road one.

That's true. Well, Look KG296, that's still on my wish list. These days, frame designs like the Corima Puma are very common. But I remember the time when Corima showed up the first time these bikes, compared to other bikes they looked so futuristic. Way ahead of its time!

elfuinha wrote:Great bike, keep it...

I will keep it, sure!

Elrey

by Elrey

Oohhh yes. This is cool.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com