Franken Weenie build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mattyNor

by mattyNor

Hey all!

I'm a mechanic for one of the premier shops in my home town on Toronto and studying Engineering at UofT. Dream job is within the industry doing design work and maybe one day starting ym own company. Here's my franken build of parts I scrounged over the years, put less than $1000 into her :beerchug: Eventually I will put some money into the build, on the short list is a new front wheel, Chris king headset, new brakes/leavers, and new bars.

current build
-Frame/fork: Rossin Ghibli
-Rear wheel/tire: Lightweight (unsure of gen or model I think it's a G3, If someone could fill me in I'd appreciate it :D ), currently Tufo soon to be Conti Sprinter
-Front wheel/tire: Real design ultra sphere, Schwable Ultremo
-Crankset/bb/rings: Ultegra 6600, Ultegra 6700, Cannondale MK-V 53T, FSA 39T
-Bar/stem/headset: Pro Vibe7s, Giant OEM, mix of Campy record and Dura-Ace parts
-Drivetrain (this is a mess): rear der/chain: Dura-Ace, cassette: Red 11-25, front der: 105, shifters: 105
-Brakes: 105
-Saddle/seatpost: San Macro Regal, Cadance PK-F

Attachments
1962720_10201907536314330_1184193728_n.jpg
Last edited by mattyNor on Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ARL002

by ARL002

nice budget build! under 1K including a LW rear wheel, how did you manage that deal? :)

shlammed

by shlammed

Nice. Love the part it together on the cheap builds.

Im doing the same thing as well with my Giant build. Im not that far away in Kingston, Ontario.

cheers!

mattyNor

by mattyNor

ARL002 wrote:nice budget build! under 1K including a LW rear wheel, how did you manage that deal? :)

A friend of mine got the set re-glued during a trip in Italy. When he got back he went for a ride and the front tire pealed off and he crashed, broke my heart seeing what was left of the wheel. He sold me the rear for cheap to stop himself from buying a new one.I also had to buy the frameset and bb, everything else came from customers that "broke" the part and rather than get it fixed ordered new.

Is there a better way to include pictures, I just did the attachment option?

shlammed wrote:Nice. Love the part it together on the cheap builds.

Im doing the same thing as well with my Giant build. Im not that far away in Kingston, Ontario.

cheers!

I love it also makes room in my boxes for more stuff :D

ahahah right on, a fellow resident of Onterrible