SwiftCarbon Ultravox RS-1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dogg

by dogg

not bad, thats a lovely looking frame. should get yourself some better tires tho!

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Thanks Dogg, I actually quite like the Vittoria Rubino tyres. Yes they test really slow but they feel great on the road. Not to mention they are completely indestructible and cheap.

I used to run Michelin pro3/4s before moving onto conti gp4000s, they were all great tyres, but I think the Vittoria rubinos have the best balance of traits for my riding.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

istigatrice

by istigatrice

So, I've got some new tyres...

Not sure about the red tbh, My team kit has touches of red on it (mostly black) so I hope it looks OK.

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

Krull

by Krull

hi,
getting better and better, i really like your swift! :thumbup:
but sooner or later, i propably would return to black tires.
regards,

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Group ride for SwiftCarbon owners on Friday morning... Long story short I think I'm the only one who owns one in my area.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Got black tyres back on the bike.

Running with Michelin latex tubes, they feel great.

Also fitted a 36 inner ring for my uphill time trial. So I'm running a 53/36 combo. Shifts fine, didn't have to adjust the FD at all. It isn't as quick as before, but it's still faster than my 105 5600 and on par with MY 2010 Campy Athena, so I'm pretty satisfied with the performance.

CBJ

by CBJ

The new 6800 looks really good.

compdog

by compdog

Bike looks super cool, what size frame?
And where did you get the Swiftcarbon kit?

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Cheers, really enjoying this bike. Its a size small. The horizontal top tubes make these bikes look deceptively big compared to the more compact frames

I bought the kit from my local distributor (Australia)

compdog

by compdog

Sweet thanks for the info, do you know if it's possible to run a flat headset dust cap instead of the large FSA one or does the bearing protrude out of the headtube?

istigatrice

by istigatrice

It is possible, not sure what the model is. I get the perfect amount of stack with the cone so I never bothered to change it.

Look up the drapac team bikes, they're all running it

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Hey all,

Trying to get some opinions on my bike fit, mainly my saddle height and setback. I've attached a video which shows me riding on the rollers.

Feel free to critique my fit :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... d2c_lICqlY

If you're too lazy to watch the video here is a screencap:

I've had the saddle much higher, and much further forward, but I've been advised to lower it (which I have done). I've reached this position/setback which feels "reasonable". How would people move on from here for a better fit?

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Lower your saddle more.

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

^what he said^

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Thanks for the advice. Am I looking at cms of further drop or mms of drop?

EDIT:

I did some further reading and analysis. I've measured my knee angle and it appears to be about 25 degrees.

I've decided to shift my saddle down 2mm to hopefully have a knee angle of 27 degrees. I've read that an acceptable angle is between 27 and 30 degrees, and I figure since I'm coming from a position where my seat was too high I'll try the 27 degree position first.

FURTHER EDIT:

I've ridden an hour on this new position and boy it's weird. I certainly feel the muscles burning as I don't think I've got the right muscle groups recruited to ride this position.