2013 Specialized Tarmac S-Works SL4 Keyline Red

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CBJ

by CBJ

Thought I should post it up before it sold. I have recently done bike fitting (finally) and the bike just does not fit my long leg and short upper body 6' 1" frame so I have bought a Roubaix instead of. Weight should be around 6.8kg but I have not had it on the scale as I have put some new parts on the bike since I sold it.

Frame: 2013 Specialized Tarmac S-Works Keyline Red 56cm
Wheelset Mavic Kysrium Elite S
Tires: Schwalbe Durano S
Bar: Specialized S-Works SL carbon, shallow drop
Stem: Specialized S-Works ProSet Stem, 7050 3D forged with carbon-clip front cap/cone, 4-degree shim, CNC head bolts
Bar tape: Specialized Roubaix Gel wrap
Seat: Specialized Toupe Expert with hollow TI rails
Seatpost: Specialized EC90 carbon no setback. I have removed the decals from the post.
Crankset: Specialized S-Works SL FACT carbon 172.5mm length. Ceramic bearings in the bottom bracket and standard carbon spider.
Chain rings: Specialized S-Works 53/39
Chain: KNC x10sl hallow pins
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra CS-6700 12-25T 10-spd Road Cassette
Rear derailleur: Shimano Ultegra 6700
Front derailleur: Shimano Ultegra 6700
Shifters: Shimano Ultegra 6700
Brakes: Shimano Ultegra 6700

Special note: The frame is a special edition one of a kind version of the Keyline paintjob from Specialized including white details that is gray on the normal version. It does not even have the clear coat but I decided not to remove any stickers and keep it original even though it is tempting to go even more stealth. This is the only production bike like this. Also the saddle is a custom color options.

BikeAnon

by BikeAnon

What were the differences in the Roubaix frame, that got you the fit you needed?

How's it possible that you were sold the Tarmac, and it doesn't fit you?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CBJ

by CBJ

The Roubaix has a 190mm vs 160mm HT - I have long legs / femur but short upper body.

I had a 2006 Tarmac before and I just bought this one as a replacement my own fault - I love the Keyline paint job. I have been riding mostly down hill mountain biking the last 10 years and regular mtb XC before that. So fit and road geo is not something I paid much attention to. I have been riding more and more and faster too and my body all of a sudden gave up and told me something was wrong.