Saying hello again.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tete de la course

by tete de la course

Back on the bike. After 3 years hiatus with school work and 2 more kids later ( now 3 of them). Anyhow I put a leg over my 2010 Cervelo R3 , super excited to get back in shape, new work and school schedule are lax which allows me to train. Super motivated and then..... ungh, while cleaning the bike I noticed a crack at the bottom bracket area. Bummer.

Its not silly bad, and appears to be mostly cosmetic but still a bummer. After investigating it, it looked to be a pretty common problem. I called my local Cervelo dealer and they have since offered up a R3 if I wait ( not happening ) S3 or S5. I decided for the S5 as i've read the geometry was similar to the R3 in some respects. Im not sure how as when I look at the bike it looks like a time trial rig. And the saddle to drops looks ridiculous but I took my chances. This is the 4rth Cervelo I would have owned (R2.5, R3SL, R3 and now this S5). Can't wait for it to come in. Im rolling hard on mavic reflex tubular training wheels but the S5 has deep carbon written all over it. Have to give it up to Cervelo for making this process simple. Im not a fan of the white but it's just paint.

My plan is to do local century's etc and just work on improving my times each time out. No teams, or crits. Living in Arizona a fast bike on the flats seems more appealing. Evidently the S5 isn't a terrible climber. I know that this is weight weenies, and having focused on sub 15 lbs bikes in the past this one will be different. Also I can't complain about the bike weight when I am considerable overweight for a racer. Hell I'm overweight period. Lol. I'll buy some deep carbon after I get my first century back in my legs.

Anyhow, Long time member love this community.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Welcome back! What made you go for the S5? I have been hearing that the new S3 is basically and aero R3....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tete de la course

by tete de la course

btompkins0112 wrote:Welcome back! What made you go for the S5? I have been hearing that the new S3 is basically and aero R3....

I went with the s5 as supposedly it's their fastest bike. My goal is to increase my times at sportiffs. In az is mostly flat and the climbs are not that gnarley. I also read that geometry is similiar to that of a r3. Which I found really comfortable considering how many of them I've owned. I figure if I don't like the s5 I could push it out the door and still cover the cost of a r3 or the like.

tete de la course

by tete de la course

Juanmoretime wrote::welcome: back! Sometimes life gets in the way of life. Glad to see you have it sorted out.

Thanks. Life / priorities. I knew I would be back on the bike at some
point. Love it too much .