Intro- WW in the making.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

shlammed

by shlammed

Hi,

New guy from Canada.
Currently I have 2 non-WW bikes and I have purchased a frameset to build my first WW bike.

Currently:
Waiting for in the post
-Giant TCR Advanced 0 (non isp) frameset with Ultegra 6600 crankset
-Ritchey WCS seatpost

1985 Miyata 110. Continental tires (27" and heavy), ultegra brake levers and Ultegra 6600RD/Tektro RX40 calipers which I will likely pull for the Giant.
2001 (ish) Rocky Mountain Flow 1 complete on a Norco Bigfoot frame

I would post pictures for you all to see, but I believe I just read that I cant embed or post links below 30 posts without a ban.

Cheers,
Matt

shlammed

by shlammed

Sounds good Juan! I hope that at some point there is a classified- Im hoping to build my giant up with some nice used parts.

Here is my Miyata. Its a comfy old ride
Miyata by Shlammed, on Flickr
I need a new seatpost and seat for it this year (which is why its off in the picture)

Here is the ebay picture of the TCR frame.
Giant TCR Advanced 0 by Shlammed, on Flickr

I picked up a Dura Ace 7700 front derailleur last night on ebay to fit the braze on style. Im going to refinish the bike in a non oem color and hope to have it look as good as it should ride. Im thinking right now to paint it maranello red with the black accents of some of the carbon parts and the polished metal that is the brake calipers, derailleurs and (im assuming once I find them) the levers.

Here is my mtb while I was finishing building it up, before it was tuned
Bigfoot by Shlammed, on Flickr

Like I said, nothing WW about my current finished bikes but I hope the Giant will be moderate weight with a budget.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shlammed

by shlammed

That is the stem I will be ordering. :)

The wheels Im back and forth on.
I was initially thinking of building a set of Kinlin XR300's with bikehubstore hubs (large bearing version) and Sapim Lazers. Im 185lbs, so Im back and forth on what I think I want to use for a wheelset, which is basically the only thing that Im unsure of in my build. That and im not sure if the Giant frame will fit a 25c rear tire, but I know what tires I would like.

The big part for me to find right now with a tight budget is the levers. A set of shimano levers that arent bashed up still run for quite a bit. Im hoping to get 105 series st-5700 levers. The 6700 levers are a bit out of budget and I would like to keep the aero cable routing for the shift cables.

shlammed

by shlammed

Juanmoretime wrote:While there are certain things that will open to you after you have been a member for a while picture posting is okay.

Juan,
I can not seem to send a PM. Is this something that can be unlocked, or will become unlocked? I cant see reference to it in the FAQ, and the Forum Rules link seems to be broken.

Thanks.

shlammed

by shlammed

Fair enough. I assumed it was something like that.