My New Bike - VeloVie Vitesse 400 - 6.3 kg (13lbs 15oz)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mjfarsi
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by mjfarsi

My New Bike - VeloVie Vitesse 400 - 6.3 kg (13lbs 15oz)

My build...

*VeloVie Vitesse 400 Frame
*Sram Red 2013 groupset
*Reynolds Attack SLG Wheels (Clincher)
*Hutchinson Atom Tires
*Schwalbe Tubes- SV20 extra light
*Thompson Mastpiece Seatpost
*Fizik Antares 00 saddle
*Ritchey WCS C260 – BB BLACK Stem
*Ritchey SUPERLOGIC LOGIC II
*Fizik Superlight bar tape
*Essor USA Bottle Cage (24 g) !
*Speedplay Zero Titanium pedals

What do you think?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Welcome!

Looks like a nice machine to tear up the local races with
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

syncmaster

by syncmaster

I'll ask the same thing here that I asked on Reddit:
I'm super impressed with the weight with such common parts. Especially with the clinchers being around 1550g, I'm not sure how it all weighs close to 13lbs.

Do you know the frame weight?

mjfarsi
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by mjfarsi

^ The frame is 960g the fork is 400g.

The wheels are around 1350g for the set.

I did this build to show you can get a very light bike using pretty common parts. This entire build is right around $4k only.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

mjfarsi wrote:I did this build to show you can get a very light bike using pretty common parts.

Blasphemy! I thought the idea of weight weenies was to stay away from common and diy to make it truly "your bike"
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

Quinn039

by Quinn039

verycreativeusername wrote:
mjfarsi wrote:I did this build to show you can get a very light bike using pretty common parts.

Blasphemy! I thought the idea of weight weenies was to stay away from common and diy to make it truly "your bike"

in which case... I think he has succeeded. Many of the other bikes on here have all kinds of exotic bits... his doesn't, making it pretty unique as a result.

Cool build, nice to see that this kinda thing is possible.

KWalker

by KWalker

Its not too challenging, which is why I don't get so many of the bikes I see that are in the 13-14lb range with tons of exotic parts. My Guru Photon weighed ~900g for the frame and 300g for the fork, but had 2010 Force, alloy bars, a "heavy" stem, and Force cranks and still weighed 13.9 with alloy clinchers. It had a lighter saddle than this bike, but with tubulars, lighter bars, and the right cassette it was almost in the 12s.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

dmpwts

by dmpwts

Just so everyone is aware, mjfarsi is the owner of velo vie. May want to be mindful of his intent as a "member" or "participant" of this forum.

Krull

by Krull

Quinn039 wrote:
verycreativeusername wrote:

Blasphemy!............."

the nice frameset gives a welcome variety to this cannondale/trek/bmc/cervelo/colnago/giant- and a few other "pro"-bikes- dominated board, it takes some courage to present one of those "different" bikes.
so, i think the owner does not have to apologise for missing individuality.
really like the shape and paintjob of the framest. the wheelset fits perfect.

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

dmpwts wrote:Just so everyone is aware, mjfarsi is the owner of velo vie. May want to be mindful of his intent as a "member" or "participant" of this forum.

I don't care what his "intent" is on being a member...the bike is awesome. Sub 14 lb. bike

jbaillie

by jbaillie

I agree with the above statement, if mjfarsi can show us a nice bike (or bikes) at good weights that get results in races then I'm happy to have him here.

Great looking bike.

kulivontot

by kulivontot

What's the 500 weigh?

KWalker

by KWalker

dmpwts wrote:Just so everyone is aware, mjfarsi is the owner of velo vie. May want to be mindful of his intent as a "member" or "participant" of this forum.

The fact that you created your account to point this out shows that you are the ultimate, most disgusting kind of troll. His post is not false or disingenuous advertising in any way and its cool to see a different kind of bike on here especially since so many people save money by buying generic Chinese bikes for barely less money that do not come with any support or warranty.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

plpete

by plpete

That is a great looking build / bike with impressive weight to boot. I almost pulled a trigger on one of those a while ago. It's great to see getting a low weight like that with easily accessible parts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

theosaurus

by theosaurus

politics aside, the bike looks wicked cheeky. Nice build.
yes, but how much does it weigh?