Atypical project: 93 CDale track

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Crashtest

by Crashtest

Just got this frame after searching for a "66cm" track frame for years. Cannondale measured to the top, making my usual 62/63cm fit equal 66 on their charts. Scored a very clean frameset, in a one-off color and no serial numbers. Debating between Superbe Pro track or Record Pista. Target 7200g.

Thought you all would enjoy - I know there are a bunch of CAAD nuts in here.

theosaurus

by theosaurus

Hello !
yes, but how much does it weigh?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

sparkle paint reminds me of my old NJS nagasawas. So sick man. Looking forward to the build

drainyoo

by drainyoo

This is the holy grail of track frames. I was looking for one for ages when I built up my track bike. Hard to find. This one is a beauty, never seen this paint before. I ended up getting a Superb Sprint, which is a recent frame that is modeled after the Cannondale. Photo below.

Anyway, I think you should build it up with Dura Ace group. That's the only way to do it imho.

Looking forward to this build.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

drainyoo wrote:Anyway, I think you should build it up with Dura Ace group. That's the only way to do it imho.

you mean suntour superbe pro.

Crashtest

by Crashtest

First - fantastic Superb build. So pretty but also definitely usable everyday. Well done!

Yes Superbe was original on all pre-CAAD tracks, but SSP parts are so hard to find in good condition.

I am finishing up a restoration on a GT GTB that is all Dura Ace. No need to duplicate that.

I've found a Cannondale track nut who has a knack for finding Cdale frames and SSP parts. I might contact her when I have funds for the build.

Eye candy destined for the GT, once the frame comes back from the powdercoater:

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

love the era correct joints. best things ever were my dura ace 7600 square taper. love them.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

Nice!

Yeah, SSP is the OG group, but like you stated the parts are very hard to find. I also wanted NOS parts for my build, and I prefer the way Dura Ace looks. I took me a few months, but I eventually found everything thing NOS. Another reason for going DA was that the group includes almost everything expect for the bars and cog.

Anyway, a Campy group just doesn't feel right on this frame. You could also go with a current Sugino drivetrain, and Nitto cockpit.

Crashtest

by Crashtest

Right- later CDale tracks came with SSP hubs and Sugino 75 cranks.

tvillumsen

by tvillumsen

Nice!!

Great collection of bikes to :D

Crashtest

by Crashtest

Somewhat of a test build. Moved the R pista wheels and crankset from my 3rensho, and testing how the Nitto bars feel. Surprisingly, the Paris Roubaix (27? 29mm?) tubs fit!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com