C12 - R1 (FM015) - My First Road Bike.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

esfrost

by esfrost

Last year in august, after a road bike test organized by one of the local bike shops, i decided that i pull the plug and build a road bike. I really wanted to have a bike built onto a carbon frame with carbon wheels. I started searching for a frameset, i looked everywhere... I was blown away by the prices of framesets and wheelsets, you know... those big companies, like Specialized, Felt, Canyon, just to name a few. I love their design, and i'm sure they sell quality products, but i just can't fork out thousands for a frameset or for a wheelset.

One day i found a page where people were talking about chinese open mould framesets and wheelsets. I liked what i see, so started reading more and more about the possibilities of ordering from china. One day a friend of mine told me about a hungarian company selling carbon framesets and wheelsets. The company's name is C12. I was suprised that they also sell open mould frames and wheelsets.

After a couple of weeks, i decided that i buy the R1 frameset.

The quality of the frameset is great. The wheels are also some kind of chinese open mould wheels, i don't really know too much about them, as i bought them from a local guy, for a great price, but they looking pretty good, and well built wheelset.

And last but not least, i'd like to thank for theredmiata for the seatpost collar, as i got it from him when he was giving away his unwanted bike parts a couple of weeks ago. It really completes my cockpit. I hope he sees this build! Thank you once again!

Build list:

Unfortunately i don't have a proper scale to measure the bike, but it is not a WW bike by any means. I can only guess the weight, which is somewhere around at 7500 grams.

I guess thats all, let the pictures do the rest.

Last edited by esfrost on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

bura

by bura

I like your built.
What's the total weight?
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

esfrost

by esfrost

Just edited the post, sorry about that. It something like 7500g. I will try to get it lower in the future.

esfrost

by esfrost

Just added a weight list of the parts.

trychle

by trychle

That front end.. :unbelievable:

Is that the headset bearing cover supplied with the Necco headset or a STS one?

esfrost

by esfrost

The front end looks low, but its actually not that low. I've been riding track bikes for almost 10 years now, and my current track bike has an even lower front end, no big deal, i'm pretty flexible... and i just love the look of it.

Let's say that its a STS headset bearing cover. I got it from a guy based in the U.K, he got some of these covers custom made. I gave him the dimensions of the frame's headtube and the headset's...

pavaobg

by pavaobg

Nice built!

theStig

by theStig

nice clean build.. kind of surprised by the weight since I'm seeing lots of carbon bits and carbon tubulars.. my di2 supersix is a 56cm with DA alloy clinchers + di2 and it's a solid 500g lighter

regardless, totally loving the stealth look. very commendable to be building your very first roadbike vs buying one

esfrost

by esfrost

The frame alone weighs 1145 gram, the fork is somewhere at 390 gram maybe. There are lighter frames and forks out there, and its the same with the wheelset. The other "heavy" part of the bike is the groupset. I could easily loose some weight here and there, like the handlebars, they are heavy at 303 gram, or the skewers, they are above 100 gram. I might change them in the near future for something a little lighter, but for now, they stay. I'm pretty happy how this thing works and feels on the road.

I've built a couple of bikes before, as i'm riding bikes for more than 10 years now. It's my first bike with gears, so i had to read and experiment with it.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

That is by far the sexiest looking chinese branded bike I have seen. Very nicely done! I love it

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Love everything but the gatorskins....really nice build! :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

esfrost

by esfrost

We've got some pretty beat up roads here in Hungary, so i wanted to have some extra protection, but i agree, all black tires would be even better.

Thanks for the compliments btw. :)