Budget Built Hong-Fu FM-066SL

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dogg

by dogg

lucky for you i already have some from a while ago

this i with a different 28mm tire than i have on now, and it measured a true 28.

front
rear

i would be comfortable running a true 30mm tire in the frame

edit: pic for the new page

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dogg

by dogg

updated pic with de-logo'd stem, mismatched brakes, and not much else...

hopefully i can pick up some new bars, shifters & crankset soon. needs some consumables like cables, chain, cassette & tires as well...

edit: around 6000 mi on the frame now. i love this bike.

dogg

by dogg

hmmm now that i have a legit job I'm pondering some ways to loose a bit of weight

I've got a new wheelset planned so thats covered, should drop around 500g i think

probably going to grab a cheap china crabon seat post which will drop some g's as well as a Fabric saddle when they drop.

anyone got a recommendation for a lighter crankset available in 165 ?? pickings seem slim... carbon campag athena looks promising but i can't find a weight for them as much as I'm skeptical of everything SRAM the Red crank looks good at 600g. any opinions?

will probably upgrade to ultegra derailleurs over the 105 stuff. more for functional concerns.

anywhere else i could drop a bit of weight without going full retard with alloy or ti bolts?

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

http://www.totalcycling.com/en/Componen ... /cc-8.aspx

cranks: probably sram force, or some crabon fulcrum if you want to keep it cheap.

also, I'd swap the brakes. seriously, those old 1055 calipers weigh more than 400 grs in pair. Get some SRAM calipers instead (very cheap on ebay with free shipping from some taiwanese shop)

dogg

by dogg

good point on the brakes, i don't think they're quite that heavy but they certainly aren't light weight. might have to grab some of the Planet X calipers.

dogg

by dogg

updated pics for spring before i ride and neglect it for a few months

modified saddle
lights
bartape
athena brifters with centaur levers
new cable inners
lowered st bottle cage

raised my bars about a cm too. feels so good. i can really hammer it in teh drops now.

edit: just realized thats not a fully updated pic. will get more later if i cbf

dogg

by dogg

here we are... still doesn't have my front light on atm but that deosnt really matter

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Looks nice, but you might want to relocate the taillight to the seat post, because I don't think it's very visible in its current location.

dogg

by dogg

it is bent forward a little from having my bike crammed in my car but its still perfectly visible. id rather it point up towards peoples eyes than at the ground.

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

nice :) How do you like the Jtek shiftmate?

btw, I'd still change the calipers.. Red-Black centaur perhaps? Weighs around 80-90 grams less, than those old 1055 calipers, and much sexier looking too..

dogg

by dogg

thanks. i like it. works as advertised ... can't really say much else. i guess its kind of hard to set up but its worth it for the cross-compatability imo. I f u c k i n g love the campy ergonomics

def wouldn't mind the centaur calipers but i gotta spend my money on a few pairs of bibshorts and touring gear so i can enjoy my summer. and a non-knackered cassette and crank will come before brakes, but some day....

tibikeboy

by tibikeboy

Hi,

What brand is your bartape (the neon green / yellow) one? I'm looking for something in that color. Thanks.

Krull

by Krull

for my taste, one of the nicest bikes on the board. shape and settings so consistent, looks like a bike being made for use, without redundant embellishment.
may i ask, which bar you are using? reach seems very compact, similar to pro plt i have on one of my bikes.
thanks, regards

dogg

by dogg

the bar tape is Deda Mistral

and thank you Krull. that is very kind! it was built to be ridden hard and often. the bars are actually PRO PLT's ... def not very much reach in them but they are shaped so much better than other compact bars I've tried. not staying for much longer though.

despite what i said earlier I've got a few things en route to address some things I've been wanting to for a while (more setback, shorter cranks, deeper bars, different gearing, better tires..). might as well enjoy teh riding season