Domane Classics replacement frame/ frame and fork weights

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

OrenciaB

by OrenciaB

Beautiful bike! I'm a huge fan of Trek and Bontrager. I must say, those headset spacers are really nice. I wonder if Bontrager sells those seperately. But if you'd like to sell them, let me know!
Hey does all that Rapha and Hi-vis make you faster?

Slack

by Slack

So the new frame arrived today, the paint is incredible in the flesh. The metallic is so deep and the blue has an amazing purple tinge to it. The fork weight is with an expander plug installed and uncut at 370g, the frame has mech hanger as it's built in, all of the iso-speed hardware, bottom bracket sleeve, and cable guides installed but no headset bearings at 1173g, not super light but it's not designed to be.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Beautiful! I love the paint scheme (even though it looks like Florida Gators colors)!

spartan

by spartan

beautiful paint on the domane. what is the size of the frame? how long is the uncut steerer tube?
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

msl0

by msl0

As above, what size is that?

And what is the name of the orange?

Slack

by Slack

That's a 58cm frame and the orange is candy orange on blue ink.

Slack

by Slack

Norregard

by Norregard

That looks great, even as a 58. I find most bikes find their sweetspot lookswise between a 52-56 framesize. Most frames above that size look odd and out of balance. Luckily there are some frames like this one that form the exception to the rule, because I ride a size 60!

luckypuncheur

by luckypuncheur

Fantastic bike - despite the crankset not being equally beautiful as the rest.
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

dunbar42

by dunbar42

Nice, I kind of liked the gray one too. Which Roubaix did you have? I ride SL4 Expert and I can tell you it's every bit as stiff as the new 2015 Tarmac I test rode. My old SL2 Roubaix was a much softer frame. The Domane 6 series I rode was a much smoother riding bike than either of my Roubaix's. I have the CG-R post on my SL4 which makes the ride more liveable on the rough roads around here.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice! So no direct mount brakes. Was wondering how the clearance is under the front fork and also the rear seat stays. If you're running 25c tires do you think there'd be decent clearance for some full fenders in there as well?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

You can definitely run fenders with that bike with 25c tires (only the team edition eliminated the mounts). My wife has a similar setup (WSD frame, not Classics), and I have fenders for her bike for the winter.

I've got a feeling that direct-mount brakes are coming to the Domane next year. I haven't heard anything, but since this bike is really geared toward the Classics season, there will probably be an update around that time next year, with a push by Trek showing Fabian's "new" Domane (but this is just my opinion).

And again, I love this bike!